Sign in to follow this  
task

More POWER.....

I AM LOOKING FOR MORE POWER. I WANT TO GET RID OF MY C.G60 AND GO FOR A VR6. which later I want to fit a turbo for. has any one done that ? and which is the best deal on a turbo for a vr6 out there?

mate seriously you can get as much power out of a turbo g60 as you can from a vr6 and it should even be easier and cheaper to

You can get like 220BHP out of a G60 with a little work, and not a huge amount of money.

220BHP not enough?!

dr mat yes u can get more power if the money spent etc but look at Guy storm to get a N/A to run well as a f/i car is alot of hard work and money

As for a g60 there is plenty of guys in america etc that remove the charger and run a turbo setup and get lots of power and not so much headache

also when u loook at power to weight ratio, and how much power you can put down on the front wheels so but i would go for a turbo g60 over vr any day or even better x flow g60 turbo :D

mate seriously you can get as much power out of a turbo g60 as you can from a vr6 and it should even be easier and cheaper to

yeah yeah..blah blah...20vt is what you need my man.. :D :D

20v turbo.. sounds like pure power. which vw engine do you have? is it a vw engine?

so how much have you spent on a 20vt conversion mate :? , for a guy who cant do the work himself or has no time or space doing such conversion would cost into 4k+ by a proffesional garage, then you have to spend money on big turbo, injectors, boost controller chip ect ec to get things moving................ whereas tuning a g60 either with a turbo or keeping the charger would work much much cheaper, maybe not the same max power in the end but a respectable number for a fwd car which wont break your bank either.

You can get like 220BHP out of a G60 with a little work, and not a huge amount of money.

220BHP not enough?!

Definetly enough! . Do you mean making it a stage 4 charger,and changing the pully or is there more stuff to be done?

sorry for the double posting, I

got confused where to put the topic on the index.

I know that the 68mm pulley can effect on the supercharger lifespan. how true is that?

dr mat yes u can get more power if the money spent etc but look at Guy storm to get a N/A to run well as a f/i car is alot of hard work and money

also when u loook at power to weight ratio, and how much power you can put down on the front wheels so but i would go for a turbo g60 over vr any day or even better x flow g60 turbo :D

I'm well aware that bang for buck, modifying a G60 is CHEAPER than modifying a VR.

But the guys' question, however, was about adding a *turbo*. I'm sure you'd agree that if you're going to the extent of adding a turbo, you can get MORE power from a VR6+turbo setup than from a G60+turbo setup.

I'm not gonna answer the question on power/weight, cos it's moot. And the general consensus of opinion is that the front wheels are only good for 250bhp anyway, any more than that is a waste of time.

Oh, and I'd also like to point out, it's not my argument! ;)

I bought a VR6, cos at the end of the day, there's no replacement for displacement! ;)

low g,you say you supply chargers .have you got any at the moment cos i need one

yes mate pm sent :)

Hey, given the factions that form on this forum, perhaps we should form a splinter group for us 6-cylinder boys?

The people's front of judea?

I can't understand why all these quarrels flare up about engines anyway..

Even as a G60 owner, I still prefer the VR6.. :)

*pokes hornets nest and walks away*

so how much have you spent on a 20vt conversion mate :? , for a guy who cant do the work himself or has no time or space doing such conversion would cost into 4k+ by a proffesional garage, then you have to spend money on big turbo, injectors, boost controller chip ect ec to get things moving................ whereas tuning a g60 either with a turbo or keeping the charger would work much much cheaper, maybe not the same max power in the end but a respectable number for a fwd car which wont break your bank either.

yeah, your totally right, I was just taking the mickey out of Alex... :wink:

(But the conversion itself including the engine was about £1200-1500,which is't too bad, admitably I did the work my self but still its not too much relatively speaking. The expensive bit was buying the bits for getting the BHP output up a little: EMS, engine mounts, turbo, piping, clutch etc)