JonnyVW

Mk4 R32 seats in a Corrado?

hey guys,

Tried to so a search on here but didn't have much luck.

Wanted to know...Has anyone fitted MK4 R32 front seats into a Rado? If so, did it look any good, hard to fit?

Many thanks!

Jonathan =)

R32 seats are basically Konig K5000 G4.

I think they're a nightmare to fit the VW versions, but subframes are available for the G4's.

I have a set of the G4's retrimmed in beige leather to match the corrado interior.. here they are with the previous owner..

Nice.....What subframes did you use for the G4 seats? Also; any problems with height. I wanna try and keep the seating position as near to stock as possible!!

Nice arm rest also!! =)

Hi Jonny,

Wouldn't these seats be so heavy? I had Audi S3 Recaro's in mine and they nearly broke my back lifting them in and out the car.

Go for some nice lightweight carbon race seats to go with the high power engine you're lining up buddy :thumbleft:.

I'd love pole positions but my wide arse would never fit in em and CS' just cost too much IMO.

How do you get in the back with the buckets? Do they tilt and if so what frames do you use???

I'd love pole positions but my wide arse would never fit in em and CS' just cost too much IMO.

do they not do an xl? i'm just right in the konigs and the motordrives were a squeeze but doable - just!

How do you get in the back with the buckets? Do they tilt and if so what frames do you use???

passengers? in the back? no chance.. my car scrubs if i fill the tank! :bonk:

the see above was that i now own these seats.. they're not r32's they're G4's. fitment will be with the corrado mounts from konig, but will mean trimming and filling the holes for the harnesses.

the actual R32 seat route has not been done ever afaik due to complications with airbags/seat rails/everything else..

Hey Matt,

you're right....too heavy and too bulky for the rado. Some comfy lightweight seats are defo the way to go!!

I should proberly focus on the engine side of things before I tackle the interior!! hahah

Hi Jonny,

Wouldn't these seats be so heavy? I had Audi S3 Recaro's in mine and they nearly broke my back lifting them in and out the car.

Go for some nice lightweight carbon race seats to go with the high power engine you're lining up buddy :thumbleft:.

I've got those Konigs (not the vw ones)in my C , fit was easy as they will fit on Recaro subframes which are easily available second-hand, they're not too high, not very heavy but are a very tight squeeze and may rub on the centre console

Baz, didnt you have similar seats for sale a while back? Superb looking seats and hugely comfortable no doubt.