K Simmonds

Hi all, just got another G60 after 6 years without a Corrado.

Hello everybody, just a quick first post introduce myself before I start finding my way around your forum.

First off I'm very familiar with forums, being a long standing member of the S2Forum, Classicaudi as well as the Golf GTi forum so I'm know how to behave myself.. I'm a mechanic so have plenty of experience in repairing these great cars.

Anyway after a Six year break from Corrados, driving Audi Coupes/S2's, I've just recently picked up a lovely Dutch import G60. I've had both VR6 and G60 models in the past.

It's Tornado Red, has spent the last Eight years living on the street in Hauge, posh area thank the lord. The British ex-pat owners moved back here a couple of years ago and kinda forgot about it it's. Recently they bought it into this country, I then purchased it and got it on to UK plates

This one has had a very easy life, an elderly Doctor was the first owner followed by the couple I purchased it from who are VERY careful with their vehicals. It on 108KM's with a FSH.

I currently run/own.

The Corrado G60

A very original small bumper MK II 16V

And a highly modified Audi S2.

I thinks that's a good enough introduction for now. I'll post up some more details about the Corrado and some pic's as soon as I can work out how to.:scratch:

Edited by K Simmonds
spelling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55441[/ATTACH]

Worked out how to make pic's work, very easy on here which is nice. So here's a few of the G60 just before I got my plates allocated, also a pic of my S2.

Some how managed to do a double post, durr.

Edited by K Simmonds
Double post

Nice selection of cars 8) C looks very tidy indeed and the S2 is cool! I've been tempted to look into these more but my C puts paid to enough of my salary without thinking about buying anything else. Happy Corrado-ing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome people.

Here's a few shot's of my daily driver 16V Golf. The S2 and Corrado are my special cars, I'm driving the Corrado for the next month whilst I iron out a few minor niggles.

scarlet_vr6, building/running a 350BHP S2 makes the G60 seem cheap to maintain. S2's get expensive very quickly as their so easy to tune the nutts off. Just the parts are expensive and there's lots to wrong, there would be no way I could afford to run one without being a mechanic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55473[/ATTACH]

there would be no way I could afford to run one without being a mechanic.

...and I'm most certainly not, hence why I'll never get further than being tempted! I couldn't bear to part with my VR anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and I'm most certainly not, hence why I'll never get further than being tempted! I couldn't bear to part with my VR anyway

Have to be honest, the Corrado is a better car all round, the chassis is superior, their more economical on fuel (not that one considers fuel economy when purchasing an S2) as well as being dam sight easier to maintain. The main appeal of the S2 is Four wheel drive and serious power hidden in an old Audi Coupe. Pity their not increasing in value like the their UR quattro relatives despite being far more scarce. The Corrado is most definitely a better investment, and better looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55673[/ATTACH]Finished off changing the Cam, Aux and PAS belts this morning. The Cam belt was disgusting. I've tried to photograph it and failed but it's perished to hell and I would put money on it being the original at 22 years old. Gave it an oil and coolant change along with a set of the correct Bosch plugs, found some non Platinum +standard GTi plugs in her. Again not impressed with the Dutch dealer serving. Got a new dissy cap+rotor arm turning up tomorrow, the date on the cap is 1990 and the arm looks just as old. I have some new high quality plug leads from a 10V turbo five pot Audi that I can use to make a nice set of leads up for the G60 which will save a few quid.

I changed the ignition switch as well as the old one was causing electrical issues, what a bugger of a job, had to make a puller to get the steering boss apart. Still it starts properly now without wobbling the key.

Fitted a working Sony CD head unit to replace the ancient broken thing lurking in the dash.

Added a shot of my drive this morning, in 1990 I'd have been a flash git

Edited by K Simmonds

nice looking set of motors there, welcome along.

Cheers. It is only supposed to be a temporarily addition, as a shot term investment. However I no intention of selling, it's the best example I've driven despite the dubious servicing from the the Dutch dealer. Thankfully I think I got my hands on it just in time, I'm kinda confused as the previous owner shelled out for new front OE discs+pads as well as a set of expensive Pirelli boots just before I got her. Yet the other more important items remained ignored.

Edited by K Simmonds

For me, it's really hard to beat the purity of a nice clean original looking early shape Corrado in Tornado Red and on Sebrings. Looks absolutely superb :)

Thanks very much. I'm also fan of the early look models in standard trim, will be leaving her this way as well.