britpop95

Will mk3 golf seats fit in a corrado???

Will the mk3 golf gti colour concept seats fit in a corrado anyone know or anyone done this mod??? thanks in advance friends :)

I,ve had corrado leather in a mk2 golf straight fit[ATTACH=CONFIG]60337[/ATTACH]

if thats any help:scratch:

I was told thats they will fit but they sit a little higher than standard corrado seats. so if your tall it could be a little problem

anyone know anymore on this? also rear seats? anyone done it? , i have the chance at getting a mk3 vr6 { 5door though!!} with black leather interior for doing abit of work for a m8, iv heard for the front seats you can swap the cable mech from the 3door seat into the 5door seat so it folds down so its abit of extra work there,

Don't quote me on this but I think the rear outside leg sits 3/4" too far out. Because I think the rear rails are the same width as a mk4. That's just from memory. Easily sorted with a ginder and a welder though.

yea im not bothered about grinding and welding/ modifiying, just interested to know if they {rears} can go in , like width wise, would love to have black leather from a corrado but the prices and delivery just dont add up for me

Can someone confirm if Mk3 front seats are a direct fit, or do the frames need altering?

It’s mentioned above the sit a little high, how much higher?

Thanks

Mk3 front seats do not fit without cutting and welding, I know because I did this with a passenger seat. I didn't do the driver side as I wasn't happy with the final fit, it sat too high and if I remember the bolster was too tight a fit against the centre console. I think they sat at least 25mm higher when dropped to it's lowest position.

Daves16v - thanks.

I actually went to have a look prior to getting your response, as you say, the leg is about 1 inch too wide for Corrado rails. It’s crazy that similar Recaro, but from a Mk 3 are so much cheaper (only £250 asking price), but I can’t be bothered to cock around chopping subframe, especially when the seats sit too high.