Tigerfish

New owner in Basingstoke

Just thought I would do a quick intro.

I have very recently bought a 1994 Corrado VR6 as a bit of a project car. When I decided to look at doing a project car, it had to fulfil a couple of things:

1) It had to have similar performance as my daily driver

2) It had to be a going concern (I don't have bottomless pockets so a genuine vintage type car was out the window).

The corrado fulfilled both of those criteria quite nicely. On paper, performance should be very close, and it is mainly elctrical gremlins to sort out so nothing too costly (I hope anyway :bonk: ). The idea is that it will be packed away int he garage during the winter, and come out for some summer fun. First job will be getting the polisher out on it, just to bring the painwork back to life.

Any other owners in the local area?

Hello and welcome! Yes, there are a couple of us in/nr Basingstoke. There is a monthly VW meet at The Longbridge Mill and the next one is on Thurs, so feel free to pop along with your new purchase! Have a look at this thread for more details :)

What is your daily? Get some pics up or start a member's gallery thread so we can see the progress you make with your C!

Hi, another one in Basingstoke. These corrado's are becoming as common as muck! :)

Welcome to the forum

Hi there and welcome,

I'm not in your area but I also have a "project" on the go.......aren't they all projects?!?!

Good luck with yours.

Thanks for the welcome.

Must admit I've not seen many in Basingstoke, saw a red one in the station car park a few weeks back as I was being picked up.

I'll get some pics of it over the next few weeks to post up. Busy ebaying all of the stuff in the garage at the moment so that I can get the car put away!!

Scarlet, the daily driver is a 2001 Lexus GS430 Sport. A very quick motor for such a big car, but being such a big car does make it little reluctant to go round the corners so rapidly. The pace of the corrado is not far short, but should be much more fun round the bends :)