ChrisL

Mountain Bikes

My bike is coming along nicely

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71460[/ATTACH]

(excuse the work mate, only thing I had at hand to hold it in place as I cabled it up!)

Going to be going satin black when the weather gets better and all the cables and brake lines will be going a lime green colour as well as a few other subtle bits. Also going to re-sticker it with the bike make and model with something that will match the finish so it almost looks factory :D

hopefully have it up and running for Monday when I'm able to take it out.

Spurred on by this thread I think I may have gone slightly mad. I have just bought this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71609[/ATTACH]

I foresee pain and possibly death by heart attack in the near future. She who can't stop laughing is already looking out the insurance policies. Its also the nearest I'll get to a vehicle with a flappy gear change.

I'm well into my mountain biking, do a bit of downhill/ all mountain and a but of jumping, sold a lapierre zesty for a 160/150mm trek remedy, great bikes, used to race Bmx a few years ago too, and have just sold a mint redline flight xxl with the carbon answer sycthe fork, if anybody's going for a ride close to me (Worcester) give me a shout! Forest of Dean is near me and also done the downhill runs at stile cop at Cannock chase

here's my remedy and my redline

image_zps5f86436b.jpg

image_zpsb1671b46.jpg

If Your heading down to the Forest of Dean any time soon give me a shout as thats where I live :D

Will do swompy:-D, hoping to go soon but kids take up soo much time, but i'll let you know when!

My steed for the year ahead, not yet ridden in anger. Carbon frame and total bike weighs in around 10kg / 22lb.

137681_zpsb236e2d6.jpg

Cheers Jim :)

Yeah - second hand is the way forward.

Totally agree! Mine's about 4 years old now (although I only just bought it locally) but there's so much choice and good value for money out there, it's a surprise anyone buys new.

My steed for the year ahead, not yet ridden in anger. Carbon frame and total bike weighs in around 10kg / 22lb.

137681_zpsb236e2d6.jpg

Lovely bike, looks very smart. I've always liked the look of Scott's

Forest of dean tomorrow for me and a few mates! If anyone is up for it??

Ill be at pedal a bike away from about mid day with a couple of friends too. Keep an eye out for a camo mk3 estate!

Will do swompy, ill be in a dark blue 330d sport or a citreon white van, ill look out for ya!:-)

Second hand the way forward,got my rock lobster team ti for £500 last year.

nice bikes guys..... but do be careful out, it's still not good.... just fallen off down a trail and broken my elbow in 2 places.....

my brand new cube don't look too healthy either......

Ouch, I don't imagine that's a good one to break!! That will be you off the bike for a while :(

Ouch, I don't imagine that's a good one to break!! That will be you off the bike for a while :(

no driving for 6 weeks + either :( roll on summer.

Edited by delfinis38

nice bikes guys..... but do be careful out, it's still not good.... just fallen off down a trail and broken my elbow in 2 places.....

my brand new cube don't look too healthy either......

Gutted! Definitely don't go to them 2 places again!

Hope you get better soon.

Well yesterday did go to plan for me. Took longer than we thought it would to put my new crank and chain guide on. So didnt get to Pedal a bike away till 2 and that was only for 10 mins as just after the first section on the blue run ended up going all dizzy and feeling sick so chucked the towel in and headed up. :(

Oh well made up for it today and powered around another track and got covered in mud, I must invest in a front Mud guard, couldnt see anythng half the time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71971[/ATTACH]

My two expensive toys :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71972[/ATTACH]

Did look out for the mk3:-), we got there at about 12 and did that new downhill run the good bad and ugly, man I haven't been on the bike for prob six months and it did show! managed to clear all the doubles at the bottom though and then after we pushed up and just did the last verderers downhill run, still a top laugh for a blue rated track.

maybe next time swompy, give me a shout, rounding up my lazy ass mates is hard work!

Not done any of the downhill bits yet as I havnt got the "minerals" yet to do them. Only just started with mtb so still learning.

I do love the end bit of the verderers trails makes the rest of it worth while. But think its a great all round track with the little down hill sections well spaced out through out the whole trail. The last down hill is just amazing :D

Yeah the 'blue' verderers run gets used by all sorts even downhillers as you can quite a lick on on the last bit, top fun:-)

Practice makes perfect they say, I hadn't been on my bike at all for almost six months so I was a little rusty, cased a few of the jumps and bottled a few bits, but good fun in the end!

Catch up with you again swompy, I'm well into doing a few miles as well as going down as I need the exercise!

---------- Post added at 9:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:41 PM ----------

Yeah the 'blue' verderers run gets used by all sorts even downhillers as you can quite a lick on on the last bit, top fun:-)

Practice makes perfect they say, I hadn't been on my bike at all for almost six months so I was a little rusty, cased a few of the jumps and bottled a few bits, but good fun in the end!

Catch up with you again swompy, I'm well into doing a few miles as well as going down as I need the exercise!

I'll have to keep an eye out or tag along when you go to the Forest of Dean, I've been up there quite a few times recently with a few mates as we are trying to get more committed to biking again. I'm only just starting to know my way around so it would be good to pickup some extra local knowledge.

heres my little collection,

DSC_0474.jpg

The DDG is/was the best for hammering the trails around the FOD but after renting one of the Trek Remedys from Pedal Away i had to go full sus so this is my latest toy. I didn't want a full blown 6-8 inch travel DH bike as frankly I don't need that amount of travel plus the geometry of the howler is so like a small hardtail its is a blast to chuck about.

howler.jpg

The red one doesn't look very comfy to sit on!! Is the other an old school GT? I used to love GT bikes, had one myself till it got nicked !!

^^ Haha well spotted the red one ( a Saracen Xess that I resprayed in red oxide) donated it's saddle to the DDG and it's not been replaced yet. I only built that bike the other day out of spare parts for a mate to borrow when we went to the Forest.

The blue GT is a 1999 Arrowhead, my first bike I bought with my own money, my parents thought it was "silly" spending £300 on a bike when an Argos one was £90 but it's survived 14 years where as most Argos bikes don't last 14 minutes. It's a road/pub bike now and my bro (mrginge on here) uses it for work.

I also have a 1992 GT Pantera frame which is from the days when GT frames were still hand made in the USA.