Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

I want to turbo my 2.0l 16v......I think?!?!?!

Is it worth it?

I know alot of people on the forum will say get a VR6 or a G60 but my car is in great knick and has no major problems on it. I really dont want to get another car and possibly inherit its problems. I would rather work with what I have got and maybe have something a bit different from every one else.

My car has currently got 75000 on the clock and runs very strong. I would just like a bit more ooommph off the line (this is where my car really does struggle) and was thinking down the lines of a turbo.

What sort of price am I looking at and who would do it?

This is all speculative at the moment and I am not well verse in the engine world so if one does reply please keep it simple for me.

I had a search for posts on here but you type in the word "turbo" and a gazillion threads come up. :shock:

Any help is good

Ta all.

hello mate

if you want pm me, email me or drop me a line and i can tell u everything ull prob need to know about turbo charging a 16v

hello mate

if you want pm me, email me or drop me a line and i can tell u everything ull prob need to know about turbo charging a 16v

will be in contact later

cheers

I had a search for posts on here but you type in the word "turbo" and a gazillion threads come up. :shock: .

Try 16V AND Turbo. The *AND* is the crucial part. Just putting Turbo in will bring up *all* threads with the word turbo in it!

I know I've typed out loads off stuff on 16V Turbos here as I used to have one. It's all in here somewhere :lol:

K

matt buz,

Know what you mean, I have a 2L 16v that has only done 76k, is in good nick and has virtually nothing wrong with it and I also don't want to buy a high miler whilst inheriting it's problems.

All these G60 and VR's are just too common :lol: be different! 8)

`16v turbo is a good combination. You will have to switch either to digi or standalone if you chose to run more than 9-10 psi, also compression has to be altered on higher psi. apose gil is the wiz of the 16v he will sort you out :)

Supercharge it. Turbo = Lag = horrible. Unless the conversion is so good as to eliminate it. If your going to Supercharge it talk to Darren. 250BHP = mindblowingly fast.