neo3670

bilstein shocks with apex 40mm springs set-up vr6

Hey guys, I have been offered some bilstein shocks with apex springs (apparently 6 months old) for £175, currently running stock suspension but i need to upgrade. Is this a decent ride? Seems cheap?

I've not had Bilsteins on a Corrado, but I have used them in a couple of rear wheel drive vehicles and the ride quality was very very good, but rear end traction under power was not great. A Corrado is obviously front wheel drive, so that shouldn't be a problem. Bilsteins are very good established dampers with a long motorsport history, and from a build quality point of view, they are bullet proof. I've never used APEX springs, so can't comment.

Arent the original shocks Bilsteins?

This sounds like a standard shocks with lowered springs, which is a bad idea as you'll wear the shocks out in no time due to bottoming out. Need shorter shocks with lowering springs.

Yeah good point FishWick, i forgot to ask him that!! Just thought any bilsteins would do! I'll find out.