Sign in to follow this  
Andi

The Admin: Passat W8 4motion (pg10)

just read the thread, cars looking good mate

on the mx5 front my mate has a 1.6 that he`s just had a charger fitted to, quite impressive i thought

Needs a clean, needs de-stone-chipping, but still running good...

Now sporting 65% charcoal Lamin-X fog/indicator films.

That's cos its the original driver + passenger arm+blade setup, so it can't go completely flat.

You can push it down a bit though - was a spare-of-the-moment photo though ;)

Handy for if your tax is overdue though :)

Anyone fancy photochopping a carbon fibre bonnet on the above pic for me?

;)

Juuuuust curious (thanks Dom - but not in the way you are curious!)

Where'd you get the fog films from? Do they do clear ones?

One of my new lenses is busted already :x Can't be arsed to change it again so I'll lash some film over the top :D

Renewed insurance today.

Sticking with Brentacre, as no-one else really can beat them on service.

£650 all in, including:

- driving other cars 3rd party

- class 1 business use

- 9 points declared

- all mods declared, free to mod car upto 210bhp

- legal cover

- track day cover

I have 5 years ncd. Its now a fully-protected policy, so I can claim as much as I like and they can't take my NCD from me.

Only sting with Brentacre is the £450xs.

They are also soon to become a forum sponsor too... (Gotta get some money out of them somehow! :lol:)

ohh................. 9 points!!! You must be driving soooo carefully at the minute. When do some of the points come off?? In the near future??

T.

6 points have expired, and will be wiped off my license at Christmas (4 years) but sadly Insurance companies want 5 years of convictions....

So I'm not THAT bad...

And the 6 points were two SP30s if you were just thinking I'd been up to something dodgy 4 Chrstmases ago... got done by two cameras within a month of each other :(

Andi, nice motor mate - same colour as mine, but much nicer!

How much grunt does your MX5 put out? I friend of mine in Texas has an MX5 that some more-money-than-sense chap popped a trebor in it, and it apparently puts out 250 hp, although I have my doubts. It is bloody quick, though, and my favourite bit is the run on turbo-cooler - the engine carries on running for a bit after you've locked up and walked away!

Hasn't been rolling roaded for a few years, but was putting out 150bhp, which is slightly up for a 1.6... Was fiddled a little and rather loose.

Its been detuned and made a bit more economical now, since my Dad drives it really... Though now I have drive-anything insurance I might get to take it out for a spin again :)

Have been out in a 220rwhp Mk1... Lots of fun ;)

Did a track day at Donnington in it. We enjoyed spinning it lol!

Well tonight saw the end of an era...... (but for those pre-empters out there, not the forum don't worry!).

Yes, I've sold my Corrado.

My intention was to just garage it for a few months then decide, but a mechanic mate of mine, once he heard I'd bought another car was straight in and said he'd give me whatever I wanted for it.

I decided to let her go for £3500 with the condition of removing the stereo, sub, angel eyes and a couple of other little bits.

Current bad bits were the rusting rear wheel arch and driver's door and some other minor issues (ABS hasn't worked for a couple of years now, but light does the on-off thing for the MOT ok!).

I've picked up myself a Passat B5 Saloon in dark red with cream leather interior, gamma radio and 6 cd changer, climate, rear spoiler (woo!) and the best bit: 2.8litre V6 30valve engine on 84k, and Synchro/Quattro drivertrain -- all for the bargain price of £3k.

Will post some pics up at some point.

I'll be back one day... even if its a cheap (!) 1.8 16v run-around toy!

Enjoying the lazy drive that is the Passat at the mo, but I'm sure I'll be back ;)

(I was in Cowes and Newport today with work - just thought I'd mention that since you replied! lol)

Induction Kit and Badgeless grille to start.... then we'll see ;)

Will work out if I can s/c it at some point, as that would be entertaining.....

Also having cruise control added soon which will be nice.

its a funny feeling selling a C isnt it! much like selling a child or a parent (not that i have sold a family member myself... honest gov)

hope all works out well for you with the new car

:shock:

Sounds like you got a good price for it Andi!

Good luck with the Passat & hurry back to C ownership... :)

Andi, What do you think of the engine then?

I drove a v6 30v skoda superb when I did my response driving course. I have to admit I wasn't too impressed. Maybe it was just that car.

Whats VW/skoda etcs need for a 2.8 24v (204bhp) transversly mounted v6 and a longitude mounted 2.8 30v v6 (197bhp)? I never quite understood that. Suppose with the passat having more room under the hood they dont have to fit the smallish 24v v6.

PS. How can the owner of the Corrado forum not have a Corrado. Its a disgrace, hold you head in shame! Hope you find a new one soon. What was the final mileage on that beast?

T.

Timo., as an engine it's not as 'spirited' as the ol' 12v, but the torque kicks in a lot lower, and pulls a lot firmer through the rev range.

Motorways are where it comes into it's own - sooo easy to drive and pulls through to naughty-mph without any effort at all!

Better mpg too. Done over 500 miles since purchase (busy Easter weekend) and average 31mpg on the motorways.

It's £50 to fill up to the C's £60, and I've been getting 400 miles to a tank to the C's 300... so a lot better in that sense! Though I do drive the Passat a lot more relaxed and did tend to hoof the C around all the time ;) No need to rush in the Passat at all. So relaxing and comfy in there! :lol: I've even got Classic FM as a preset on the Radio... ;)

The C was on 208k miles and the P (!) has just clocked onto 85k.