truthteller

spoiler relay

hi i have a 1995 2.0 16 valver

the spoiler works fine when using the switch it lifts and lowers within the 5 second time scale that it should but however does not operate based on speed after reading many things i have understood that there is a relay that controls the spoilers actions based on speed but i can not find it lol

can anyone please tell me where it is?

I believe it's a larg-ish relay (a black box) behind the clocks.

I have read somewhere that the speed sensor on back of the clocks can also fail.

Also, have you fitted a aftermarket stereo by any chance? The most common issue is that there is a wire which goes into the original stereo which give a speed signal. This needs to be unplugged into anything otherwise it disrupts the speed signal and stops the spoiler working.

Remove the cover by the bonnet release cable ( should be 2 pull tabs holding it) then look directly up inside the dash. That is where the spoiler relay is.

Easiest way to remove it is to remove the clock surround(4 screws) then the dash vent. (pop the vent out the housing and remove the screw)

You can now access the relay from where the vent was

hi guys thanks for the replies

yea the previous owner fitted a after market stereo and if i was to go buy anything he has done then i would say that may be a factor to take into consideration.

cheers for the instructions that will save me a hour or two trying to get my head around it lol

i will have a look over today and tomorrow

If you do end up needing a relay,give me a shout as i have a spare one

Rod