Portent

Swap cloth recaro's for leather Recaro's?

Having just replied in depth to Larceny Fink's thread about cloth and leather seats I have a similar question but in regard to Recaro's. I currently have some excellent condition black cloth recaros but for several month I've been playing over in my mind about swapping them for black leather Recaro's instead. The costs wouldn't be significant as I suspect I could sell my cloth for similar money to the cost of leathers (although knowing me I'd probably keep both sets as I've become a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Corrado parts :D)

I know the pros and cons of each and having owned the cloth I don't think the leathers would be quite as nice to live with day-to-day. But they would look better overall I suspect (if in good condition or refurbed / recovered).

So should I keep the cloth or try to get some leathers?

It's a nice dilema to have but I just don't know.

if you had plain cloth id say try and find leathers, but recaro cloth is a different story.

better in summer, better in winter and grippier.. theres no way i'd change.

I'd say keep the cloth - they are definitely my favourites. Alternative would be to wait til I've saved some cash, sell the cloth ones to me and buy yourself the leather ones :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trawling around the net most of last night looking for leather Recaro's myself, ideally heated, electric ones. If you think the cost differential between cloth and leather Recaros would be insignificant, I'd advise you to think again, my friend... it's HUGE.. at least from what I saw last night.

I was trawling around the net most of last night looking for leather Recaro's myself, ideally heated, electric ones. If you think the cost differential between cloth and leather Recaros would be insignificant, I'd advise you to think again, my friend... it's HUGE.. at least from what I saw last night.

Maybe I overpaid slightly for my cloth to get a decent set. But I'm not seeing a huge difference. Poor quality cloth recaros are not too expensive but good quality black cloth Corrado recaros are quite rare (most cloth recaros tend to be the ultra violet pattern and Corrado recaros are more expensive than golf recaros due to two way movement and lower sub frame). There will be a difference but I'm not seeing a huge one. If they didn't sell for what I think they are worth then I'd just keep them and swap between cloth and leather for an occasional change.

Sorry for the silly question but I have cloths in mine. Which is a 95' m reg VR.

Black and with that suttle pattern. Are these the cloth reactors you are referring too?

@ Portent

Don't seem to be able to work the 'reply with quote' for some reason.

If it's not impertinent to ask, I'd be interested to know what you consider your cloth ones to be worth and how much you'd expect to pay for leather in good condition, assuming availability?

Owning a set of each would certainly cut down on the wear and tear. If it's within your means, why not?

Sorry for the silly question but I have cloths in mine. Which is a 95' m reg VR.

Black and with that suttle pattern. Are these the cloth reactors you are referring too?

Its this pattern :cool:

I would stick with what you have they are perfect, forget about leather and heating, save money and hassle and enjoy what you have

stick with what you have mate, they are rarer than leather recaros and personally i prefer the cloth ones, also as you said yours are near mint and you will never find a mint set of 16+ year set of leather recaros, so you would end up getting them re-trimmed anyway?? so if you want leather save your pennies up and get yours re-trimmed.

There seems to be a lot of love for the cloth here :) Thanks for the opinions. It certainly gives me something to think about.

@ Portent

Don't seem to be able to work the 'reply with quote' for some reason.

If it's not impertinent to ask, I'd be interested to know what you consider your cloth ones to be worth and how much you'd expect to pay for leather in good condition, assuming availability?

Owning a set of each would certainly cut down on the wear and tear. If it's within your means, why not?

Prices are always hard to gauge and I haven't looked recently. But last summer when I sourced mine the black cloth was selling for around the 600 to 800 mark depending on condition. Black leather was selling at around the 700 to 900 mark again depending on condition and whether door cards, looms and switches were included. One ebay seller had a black leather set for sale at about 1250 if I recall, but I'm not sure if it sold at that price and it did attract quite a few wtf comments on here.

Then there is the lower end with torn ultra violet cloth and leather with parts missing going for only a few hundred. e.g. the cream leather set which recently sold for about 200 or 300 as they were in very bad condition with parts missing.

Mind you I can only see prices rising with rarity.

Its this pattern cool.png

Yep, they are the ones.

Edited by Portent

Stunning.

Maybe I should risk divorce and have the leathers for winter and cloth for summer like you other guys swap wheels :D

I'm a big fan of the recaros in leather. Think the leather shows the shape of the bolsters a little better. Wouldn't be disappointed if I already had the cloth though.

I have some pretty good nick black leather Recaro's. If u do ever decide on a possible swap keep me in mind, always fancied cloth Recaro's!!

I have some pretty good nick black leather Recaro's. If u do ever decide on a possible swap keep me in mind, always fancied cloth Recaro's!!

If you are open to persuasion to a straight sale, please let me know, I'm very interested.