dumptyboy

Broken cables!! Help to identify please???

Hello everyone. Im sure someone here can help? I have a 2.0 16v and in the engine bay there is a connection block with three wires which have unfortunatly broken off!! Im trying to identify which order the cables should be reconnected. I have looked through some of the wiring diagrams and tried to find a picture of a similar engine but without success!

So heres the pictures:

2012-04-12_19-07-35_680.jpg

corradocable.jpg

2012-04-12_19-07-46_487.jpg

I have removed the connector block as the pictures show. But if someone could tell me the purpose of the sensor the cables connect to, and possibly what colour the cables are from left to right so that i can reconnect them.

Many thanks in advance everyone. Rob. :)

Ive figured out the black cable goes into the left connection but dont know which way round the other two go? Can someone with a 2.0 16v please have a look for me and let me know which order these cables go in please? Any help appreciated.

ill have a look for you in the morning if you like, looks like its a knock sensor plug..but ill double check for you tomorrow.

Anybody else have a 2.0 16v that they could have a look at for me, and tell me what order the cables connect to the bllock please?

I'll buy you a virtual beer! :)

That looks like the Power Output Stage for ignition coil wire connections. The other half of the connector is on the bulkhead by the Header Tank.

Black is Pin 1

Green is Pin 2

Brown is Pin 3

With the ignition on, the loose wires .... Black (+ve) to Brown (earth) will be ignition 12 volts.