edd

corrado's for sale

So have the C up for sale, having had no interest whatsoever myself and watching others C-nut classifieds sticking around it seems they appear not to be selling, any thoughts?, there is no way i'm geting rid of one of the best cars ever made and 7 of the best driving years of my life for less than a couple of grand....

I had a Boxster S i wrote off and was genuinely glad for a reason to get back behind the Corrado wheel, (well until my insurance premium got somewhat molested) and was instantly dragged back into the "real mans car appreciation club" i love being a part of so much (figure of speach haha i know females can appreciate a proper car too)

So What's the deal?, too expensive to run?, insure?, I never found maintenance was that bad (apart from the £4k engine rebuild haha but thats a one time event) anyone else struggling to see the problem here

Look like she is here to stay

Edd

The problem is that normal people doesn't buy them ;)

Well, usual price for corrado is 1k, that what average people willing to pay, they are worth more in parts, sad reality.

I think there are a combination of factors. It was never a really popular car and so when people are looking to buy then they don't think.of a Corrado. It just doesn't occur to them. They are expensive to run; maintenance, petrol, insurance to some extent and they are now moving out of the daily driver category into a classic second or third car category. With the economy shagged that market is very small.And the nail in the coffin is vw not supporting the car and obsoleting everything in sight.Not a good time to sell and personally I can't see that changing. It's making me think hard about whether to spend much more money on bodywork as it is literally money down the drain as it won't be recouped on sale.

Portent is right on this. I have spent a lot on my car but I suspect it is "worth" less than I paid for it despite me improving its condition. Just look at the advert LauraJ has posted for her Black VR6 with heated leather - £2500. It might well be snapped up at that price as it is a well known car on the forum but could equally sit around and then be sold for less. I hope it gets snapped up for a fair price. I'd love to buy it myself but can't justify it. I'd like the leather interior . . . .

They do sell, just not for very much. Loads on ebay going for sub 1k. Obviously these are at the lower end of the quality scale, but people would just rather build up their ideal C now so they can add to it as and when they want/can afford. Its half the fun modding a car yourself, so the higher end ones just are not as attractive to most imo.

They do sell, just not for very much. Loads on ebay going for sub 1k. Obviously these are at the lower end of the quality scale, but people would just rather build up their ideal C now so they can add to it as and when they want/can afford. Its half the fun modding a car yourself, so the higher end ones just are not as attractive to most imo.

This. What Adrian said also.

My 24v storm pretty much sold for asking price two times over within a couple weeks. It's down to the quality of the car and ive gotta say some corrado's are definately worse for wear these days.

Portent is right on this. I have spent a lot on my car but I suspect it is "worth" less than I paid for it despite me improving its condition. Just look at the advert LauraJ has posted for her Black VR6 with heated leather - £2500. It might well be snapped up at that price as it is a well known car on the forum but could equally sit around and then be sold for less. I hope it gets snapped up for a fair price. I'd love to buy it myself but can't justify it. I'd like the leather interior . . . .

Thank you for your kind words, I truly hope that people do think it's fairly priced and it is sold fairly soon... It will be sad to see it go mind you.

But as it has been said its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. (as long as that's the asking price! Lol)