Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Anyone know where i can get a front wheel bearing pressed

I ahve the hub but i can;t get the bearing out.

I need somewhere preferbably sunday but other than that need to know of a garage in the norwich area that could do it for me, while i wait asap

Any Ideas

BeavisJEm

any good garage will have a press, my friends needed a 20 ton press to get them out.! this was after we were in my garage for 3 hours hitting it with hammers. back then i didn't know they were pressed in and out :oops: . i did mine in my friends work shop, he had a 6 ton press, and it struggled, .once the whole hub is off it should be easy enough o bung a guy a drink to do it, also and it's not conpulsaory new hubs, cos when the bearing is pressed out the end inner section stays put, and is very difficult to remove, the hubs are only £15 each, and it saves a lot of sweat.

£15 for a whole front hub are you sure?

anyways taking the hub round the garages tomorrow to see what i can do.

Beavis Jem

sorry, not the whole hub, but the section which your wheel bolt to, the bit that spins,.

yep and euro car parts, it does make the job easier, once the old bearings are removed the new ones can be pressed in and put back on in no time, thus reducing expensive labour costs,

yep and euro car parts, it does make the job easier, once the old bearings are removed the new ones can be pressed in and put back on in no time, thus reducing expensive labour costs,