Sign in to follow this  
flusted

INTERIOR LIGHT RELAY

Can anyone tell me where it is???

My light is stuck on permanently and ive tried disconnecting all the door switches but its still on :cry:

HELP

Can't you just turn it off at the switch? 8)

Sorry, I'm sure you've already thought of that :D

Tried switching it off but no good.

Problem is my alarm now thinks a door is open and it wont set itself :cry:

Check your bonnet switch... I'd bet that it's either snapped or gone faulty and has been wired onto the door switches for the alarm... :roll:

boot switch is standard fit so doesn't turn on the normal interior light... Probably still be worth checking though... 8)

well i thought that the interior light is activated when it finds an earthing contact, same with the boot switch, so if the car has an alarm then the boot wire will be spliced from the door loom so the interior light will activate from the boot earth.

My light was staying on all the time and the boot switch was found to be the culprit

Where is the boot switch?

Ive sat in my boot and closed it and the light went out,also ive disconnected both doors and bonnet switch and still the lights on :(

I couldn't work that one out either... but I've since read that it's part of the catch mechanism.... 8)

Hey, this is interesting.

I was just going to ask why my interior light might be on all the time when the switch is in the central "shutting door, switches off light" position.

I had my faulty alarm removed some time ago but I dont know if that is what might have caused the problem.

Having got a bit lost in the abuv posts, can anyone tell thicko here, in plain language what i should try.

ps I have spraycleaned the door switches which looked prisine anyway, and I know the boot light switches off properly.

Thanks in advance guys.