TanVr6

Car Wax?

AG HD isn't exactly hard to use either... Wax on. Cup of tea. Wax off :)

well yeh out of the two HD is easier to use, because if you leave collinite on for more than 5 mins it can be a pig to remove, but the collinite does last longer and beads longer than the HD, plus collinite is superb on alloy wheels.

well yeh out of the two HD is easier to use, because if you leave collinite on for more than 5 mins it can be a pig to remove, but the collinite does last longer and beads longer than the HD, plus collinite is superb on alloy wheels.

defo agree with that about removing collinite! its defo not a wax you'd want to use more than a couple of times a year!

i've not considered it on alloys, but think you're right. im gonna give my show wheels a coat before fitting them when this bloody rain stops!

Collonite 915 for me over the top of Dodo Lime prime.

Shameless excuse for a picture of mine:

IMG-20120407-00386.jpg

Collonite can also be put over black trim and shines it nice, did my grille with it today.

Thanks guys

Used autoglym HD in the end, great results! Quite difficult to take off though, maybe I left it on for too long or put too much on??!??

yeh as Baz just said you applied waaaaaay to much Tan, i used some warm water on the supplied pads as this helps to thin the HD wax out a little, give it two coats with about an hour gap and the second layer really really shines.

i used a layer of 915 today over freshly mopped paint and it was much easier to remove than i remembered. defo very very thin coats and smooth paint make life so much easier!

I prefer to use the liquid Turtle Wax, the paste tends to pick up any particulate matter still left on the surface of your car which gets deposited on the surface of the paste in the can, every time you dip your applicator in the can. Next time you take wax out of the can, you are picking up the impurities and re-depositing it back onto your paint, which will scratch it. By using only the liquid product, you get clean wax every time. I have an old car that looks better than it deserves.

But turtle wax is silicon based, so attracts dirt anyway rather than repel it with good beading like a good quality paste wax. The key is to ensure you have a good clean surface prior to waxing anyway. Any scratches inflicted by paste wax are outnumbered by the wash process which will inflict more scratches on a car that attracts dirt.:smug: