Bs6VR6

OBD2 advice urgently needed?

Hey guy,s

was hoping i could tap into your wealth of knowledge to get me out of a fix. recently purchased an obd2 set up off one of the members on this forum, all was good untill the garage went to try and fit it last week, apparently there are some bits mising and i need help getting it resolved.

From what they said to me the main issues are that the obd port is missing and that the crank sensor wire has been cut. they have phonned the local breakers to no avail so my questions are as follows. and apologies if they seem a tad ignorant

can a new obd port be purchased seperatly, if so how much? I'm assuming you can't use the existing one?

Can you just re splice the crank sensor wire or use the crank sensor from the original setup?

They are on about trying to make one good loom from what they have but will this create running issues between the two systems? any advice would be grateful as the cars in limbo at the moment and i want her back for the weekend ideally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Max,

P.s. read through many many pages on obd2 using the search and couldn't find anything relating to these issues.

Edited by Bs6VR6

The OBD port is part of the car, not the loom. The OBD wire from the ECU simply connects to the K line distribution block behind the centre console. Look for a thin grey wire in the OBD2 loom with a brown single pin plug on it.

Cutting the crank wire is just plain stupid. I can't believe anyone would do that. It's not the kind of wire you can simply rejoin I'm afraid. You will need a new crank sensor at £100ish + VAT, or a second hand one. Or do you mean the crank sensor wire *AFTER* the sensor has been cut? If so, you can use your existing crank sensor wire, so long as it's complete, end to end.

Mate, your a legend, thanks for getting back so quickly, i'm trying to relay information back to the garage in bristol from a laptop i deepest cornwall, not the sort of stress you need before a night shift, lol. I'm hoping the first issue can be resolved now, and as for the cutting of the crank sensor wire, that is a real pain, hopefully it is after the sensor and they can reuse my existing obd1 wire. otherwise a new sensor it is, which is making this rather more expensive than i hoped for, but it always seems the way, lol. Hope i've got all the above correct, wait back and see what they say.

thanks again,

max,