Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Storm

Dark Burgundy Pearl - 24V VR6 for £3300 in Edinburgh

VR6 | Dark Burgundy Pearl - 24V | Edinburgh

Price: £3300

Description:

It's a sad day but after buying a Scirocco (2010 DSG 170 tdi) I need to sell my lovely Corrado as I can't afford to run both. Did think about taking her off the road for a while but she wouldn't like that!

Summary:

* 24V conversion done by PSI in 2005 - http://www.psituning.com/page.php?xPage=corrado24v.html

* Engine 75k miles

* Car 140k miles

* Tax Oct 2012

* MOT May 2013

* Owned since Oct 2007 - done about 22k miles

Good Points:

- Just been MOT'd with no advisory notes and it didn't need much to pass, also just been serviced;

- Car has been well maintained regardless of cost and in the last year has had new radiator, heater matrex;

- Leather interior is in great condition as I really look after it;

- KW Suspension.

Bad Points:

- Sunroof only tilts;

- No door lock pins (never replaced them when I changed from de-locked to normal handles);

- Blowers work on all speeds but not every direction (new bowden cables needed);

- Alloys could do with a refurb;

- Paintwork needs touched up in places (pretty typical for age of car). This is the main reason for the drop in price as I reckon the drivers door will need resprayed.

I am genuinely gutted to let her go but after 5 years of ownership and the fact I now have a Scirocco it's time to let someone else enjoy her. Generally I've had no trouble with her at all. She did develop a bit of a flat spot at the end of last year and after changing various things (fuel pump, maf, injector) it turned out to be the valve stem oil seals. Well that's what the garage who charged me over £3k to fix the flat spot told me! I fell out with them over it because they told me it was one thing, changed it, made no difference and kept adding it to the bill...... Anyway, the upshot is that the flat spot is gone and she now runs sweet as a nut again :-)

I have a spreadsheet of all the work I've had done and by the previous owner so can email this on if need be but I've added it as pictures anyway. There are also some pics of the car from last summer but will try and get some more recent ones posted once the weather improves. Probably not this weekend as taking the Scirocco down to Custom Code for a Phase 1 remap and DSG remap :-)

I've tried to be as realistic as possible with the price of £3300 and think this is pretty good considering the work done recently. I'm open to any sensible offers! Any questions just shout on 07748530972.

Cheers,

James

1_939_1336653762_

2_939_1336653762_

3_939_1336653762_

4_939_1336653762_

5_939_1336653762_

6_939_1336653762_

7_939_1336653762_

8_939_1336653762_

Edited by Mystic Storm
Price Reduced