eugopnosaj

Advice : Sell or break

This question has been asked hundreds of times before and I guess at the end of the day it is ultimately down to what I want to do.

I took my 16v off the road as the HG went and I inadvertently bought a VR6 as I'd always wanted one and I found one at a good price. Anyway I got the head skimmed, replaced the HG on my Valver and got her running again. Unfortunately she has been sat on my dads driveway since last October.

Now although dad isn't in a desperate need for his driveway it would be nice to give it back to him. I have looked at the cars selling on the forum and the ones selling on eBay and they're either not selling or selling for peanuts. I know i'll never get back anything close to what I originally paid for and the money spent on the valver but i dont want her selling cheap.

What should I do? Sell it and be happy with anything I get and risk the chance of her being sold to someone only wanting to break her for parts and making much more money or do I break her for parts myself. Its a bit of a dilemma because she runs fine, the mileage is high, about 175k for the block and about 87k for the head (reconditioned from another car) but we know these engines are bulletproof and run into high mileage. Cambelt was changed not so long ago and like i said the HG was replaced when the head was skimmed. Stainless steel Supersprint exhaust, Koni TAs, full black late interior, fully working sunroof and all other electrics, plus other modifications. A few areas of rust have started to appear but nothing structural and the passengers side paintwork needs a bit of work.

Ideally I want around £1k for her, or a bit more with the BBS'

So what do you guys think? Photos can be seen in the album following the link below, including photos of different sets of wheels.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/eugopnosaj/Corrado/?albumview=slideshow

I've broken my last two corrado on parts because of not willing to sell them for peanuts. You might get 1k for it, just try to sell it as it is, if you can't then break it but it's a pain and takes long time.

Do you need the money and have the time and patience? Then break it.

Do you not need top money and would prefer to spend your weekends without having to take the car apart? Then try to sell it for a price you would be happy with and only break it if it doesn't sell.

Left field idea if you don't need the money and are a petrol head... Use it as a track day car.

ok , what i would do is replace the interior for cloth, even if you have to buy a cloth interior, sell the leather interior seperate! and then sell the car complete, or try and sell it complete as is for the price you hope, if its gona get brought for peanuts you might aswell have the leather interior for yourself,

The VR is leather and the valver is cloth.

I have got the patience to break it but it seems like a shame. I would rather sell it but i dont want it to go to some one who is going to break it themselves, that's what is worrying me the most if it sells cheaply.

If you don't break it someone else will I'm afraid, and probably puts the bits on e-bay for stupid prices. Anything other than a very tidy VR is not really selling for much at all that's for sure, and even some of those aren't fetching much.

Exactly. A pretty stupid thing to worry about imo. What if you sell your house to someone and they knock it down and build 2 new homes on the plot and make a killing? Life's too short to fill up with such trivia.

This question has been asked hundreds of times before and I guess at the end of the day it is ultimately down to what I want to do.

This. :thumbleft:

Exactly. A pretty stupid thing to worry about imo. What if you sell your house to someone and they knock it down and build 2 new homes on the plot and make a killing? Life's too short to fill up with such trivia.

It was more a case of someone wanted to buy it cheap just to break it rather than to drive and enjoy it

This. :thumbleft:

Yeah i know, i was after a bit of advice