mookie

My First Corrado - Bye Bye Mk2 Golfs! Hello VR6!

you painted the tt comps! Sacrilege! They actually do look pretty good painted though, i must admit.

you painted the tt comps! Sacrilege! They actually do look pretty good painted though, i must admit.

They came painted from the factory and look a 100% better now than a craply polished set. Liking the way this is going, awesome as always Mook.

Yeah the objective was basically to hide the hideous polished finish. They really needed a professional re-polish which I wasn't prepared to invest in considering what they are. Look 100000000000x better now! :D

So somebody reversed into my car at work today. Well OK, we reversed into each other :lol: but I blame him <_>

8inch wide scuffs on the back bumper - deep and very roughly scratched :angry:

7557845632_ce9b1d8d8e_c.jpg

Nicely scratched and scuffed along the leading top edge

7557847432_8a8fb173b1_c.jpg

Hard enough to push the bumper back under the rear valance... thankfully it popped back, but deeeeeep scuffing along the top where the two surfaces collided

7557849394_1e99405501_c.jpg

There is also some crazing to the paint, a very slight buldge where the bumper sits over the tailpipe. However the paint damage was awful, photos don't really show it as badyl as it looked to the naked eye. You could see it from about 20m away very clearly, upclose it looked godawful. First thoughts it had gone through to the primer and that the top coat was so roughly scratched and scuffed it wouldn't polish out... but I thought I'd give it ago. However it just screamed 'paint me!'. I was hoping it was all lacquer damage and crossed my fingers I could get it looking respectable.

After several passes with a DA and some ScratchX

7557842142_c766ab60ca_c.jpg

Looked encouraging! Deepest scuffs were coming out, although the scratches were proving difficult to remove for some reason... but the long mark is still visible halfway down.

An hour later...

7557840614_374c27ff8d_c.jpg

You can see the onion slice concentric circle of cracks in the paint on the top surface :angry: but the obvious bits were starting to disappear.

Still fine scratches visible

7557837804_bc1476955b_c.jpg

Deep scuff going... going...

7557835970_326b9ebb1a_c.jpg

Some hand rubbing later, and some renovator compound stuff and I was smiling

7557834230_4804d260cf_c.jpg

You can see some kinks in the reflection where the plastic is slightly creased, but otherwise looks pretty good! Needs some more rubbing and fettling but compared to what I started with I'm happy. Remaining damage to the bumper or the paint is now confined to stuff you'd not see from further than about 3inches away.

And one last one of the car. Rear arches getting rolled in a week or so, then sorting the way the rears sit as not liking how it sits just yet.

7557831904_1633255e4a_c.jpg

Loving this thread mate, made a good read! hopefully ill have paintwork like yours soon, jealous of the finish on yours! keep up the good work bud! i do recommend a CDA of type though, look about abit though, because although everyone raves the bmc, and i know it is the nuts, there are quite a few manufactures that make Carbon fibre inductions now, the piper cross one intrigues me! also Ram Air.. pretty sure K&N do on now too! looking forward to seeing what u next got planned, wish i had the motivation you clearly show in this thread, problem with meis the weather just puts me of doing anything! car is constantly filth and it P*SSES me off!

What happened to this thread, Just read through it very enjoyable- YOu sell up Mook? Give us an update! Got the same TT Comps and painted mine too - love the wheel just not the bling of the original polished finish. Also needing to do muy rear gearbox mount. Really nice looking car.......:thumbleft:

What happened to this thread, Just read through it very enjoyable- YOu sell up Mook? Give us an update! Got the same TT Comps and painted mine too - love the wheel just not the bling of the original polished finish. Also needing to do muy rear gearbox mount. Really nice looking car.......:thumbleft:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78385-Ron-s-VR6-A11-VRX