Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

filter modifying!!!!!

im thinking of drilling hole in the lower part of the air filter in my 1.8 16v had a look at the instructions in the scottish part of the ccvw site and it says someting about a K&N filter if i choose to do this mod does it hav to be a performance filter or can i leave the standard one in???will it matter?if so where can i get a performance air filter (panel)?

Not too good, im half tempted to drop the price right down for a quick sale but I know its in pretty good condition and worth a bit. No rush though as if I sell it now then I may be carless till September when I can get the vr6 insured.

no point in selling it if ur not happy with wat ul get for it.just out of chance,im getting my immobiliser looked at on friday,but dont kno where it is in the car,du have any suggestions where they normally fit it?its not factory fitted,checked just about everywhere i can think of but nothing is jumping out at me.

No idea, I think if its not factory fitted then the installers vary the location so it could be anywhere.

im thinking of drilling hole in the lower part of the air filter in my 1.8 16v had a look at the instructions in the scottish part of the ccvw site and it says someting about a K&N filter if i choose to do this mod does it hav to be a performance filter or can i leave the standard one in???will it matter?if so where can i get a performance air filter (panel)?

The K&N will sound better, a bit throatier. I tried the Std. filter first, for all the price of a panel K&N, and its a lifetime warranty.