manop001

Can I fit 4x98 alloys to a 4x100 Rado???

Hi all,

Seen some rims for sale on Ebay but they are 4x98 (once on a Fiat Punto) but they guy is selling the rims with some kind of adaptors that will make them fit 4x100 cars??? Is this possible?

Thanks all!

well you could use wobble bolts, but was is the centre bore for fiat alloys?? you may either need them machined out, or some spiggot rings.

ive heard of such a thing as "wobbly bolts" that would work. I woulnt fit them but some do.

The term 'wobbly bolt' probably sounds a bit suspect but if you give them their proper name which is 'PCD correction bolts', then they don't sound so bad. I can assure you that there is absolutely no problem with these bolts, do you honestly think that they would be on the open market if there was. I ran 5x100 wheels on a 5x98 Alfa many years ago for over 3 years and 40,000 miles and I'm still here to tell the tale. You will need spigot rings to reduce the centre bore from 58.1mm to 57.1mm and assuming the the off-set is reasonably close to the VW off-set then you will have no problems.

I dont care what they are called. I merely said that I would not fit them.... what you or anybody else fits is not my concern but I wanted to answer the guys question so I did.

Edited by VAG-hag

Chris wobble bolts are perfectly fine, its merely a collar that has a little room to move to seat perfectly in the wheel. Used in various engineering aplications. I was very jubious untill i had one in my hands.