Sign in to follow this  
Matt GTi

Enough cash?

My Girlfriends brother is looking to get a G60 rado. He only has about £3000 to spend though, is that enough to get a tidy car? He's obviously not expecting concours material here, but should he perhaps save a bit more.

The only problem is that his hand has been forced, as the MOT on his 8v GTi runs out in two weeks, and it's gonna cost mega bucks to get that through.

He's seen one he likes the look of, for £2250, but we're not sure wether that includes a charger re-build or not.

Cheers for any help guys n gals.

I only wanted to spend £2000 on a corrado. ended up having to spend £3100 to get a tidy example, and even went for an 8v to keep tha costs of the base car down.

£3000 should get him a G60, but expect a high miler in need of a charger and gearbox overhaul.

Cheers for the reply Phat. I just had a look on Autotrader, and the most expensive G60 on their site is under £4000. I suppose we'll have to have a look, and hope we find a good one.