mookie

VR6 Front engine mount issue - do I have a Vibratechnics mount already??!

7348043574_30e837349b_z.jpg

7162832375_cb093eb39a_z.jpg

I was going to replace my front engine mount as the car has been having some off throttle jerking, and when you rocked the engine from the front with your hands, the engine mount was clicking or making a light knock. So I put two and two together and bought a new standard engine mount.

Except when I've gone to take the existing mount out, it looks nothing like a standard mount and everything like a Vibratechnic mount instead. So I'm not even sure I can use the standard mount I have as I'm fairly sure that the some of the bits underneath are now gone <_ however should an expensive mount like this have a limited lifespan and the click signals it dead i wondering if bolts mounting haven been tightened up to correct torque so were loose hence>

Any advice is most welcome.

Yep, I'd say that's a Vibratechnics mount. You can actually replace the rubber insert on them as they do eventually fail.

You are missing a cup from the standard mount which bolts to the three studs on the 2nd picture. Although it's not vital. I believe it a safety measure - maybe to stop the mount getting damaged or falling fully out?

The cover was just taken off prior to the photo :) I've tightened down the nuts to 45nm so 'll see how it goes.

Yep' date=' I'd say that's a Vibratechnics mount. You can actually replace the rubber insert on them as they do eventually fail.[/quote']

I too have a Vibratechnics front mount, which seems to have failed, not had a chance to see exactly why yet but it would be good to know where to buy the rubber insert you refer too? Just in case :)

I looked on their website but couldn't see any spare parts?

Thanks

Martin

The cover you removed with the 3 studs doesn't form any part of the VT assembly. It's just for the OE mount if you wern't sure

This is a year and a half old thread mate, I just revived it to see if I can find the rubber insert :)