DriverVR6

Top 10 Greatest F1 Drivers

In my opinion here are the top 10 greatest F1 drivers;

1/ Ayrton Senna (Simply head and shoulders above everyone else and the fastest ever)

2/ Jim Clarke. (Almost as quick as Senna)

3/ Juan Manuel Fangio. (Could he have coped with modern F1 cars?)

4/ Alain Prost (Underrated and often overlooked. Look at the calibre of the drivers he raced against to win the 4 tiltles).

5/ Tazio Nuvolari (Crazy)

6/ Jackie Stewart (3 titles in an era when most drivers did not live long enough to win 1)

7/ Gilles Villeneuve (Quick and fearless. If only he had lived and got into a better car.)

8/ Fernando Alonso (Most complete driver around today)

9/ Nigel Mansell (Went toe to toe with Senna, Prost, Piquet..)

10/ Michael Schumacher (Lucky that Prost retired and Senna passed away and that Damon Hill was in the Williams and not Berger, Alesi or Hakkinen. Only in my top 10 because of his stats)

Could have placed some other drivers jointly with some of the above, but gets very complicated.....

Edited by DriverVR6
Spelling

Fangio is in my list at No 3.

As I said in my post, I would have liked to have placed some other drivers (Moss, Hill, Fittipaldi, Ascari) in my list maybe in joint positions.

mmm its not a bad list, maybe im being a bit patriotic asking about James Hunt, i wouldnt have minded being him for a week though such a cool bloke.

No way on earth Fernando Alonso should be anywhere near that list imo. Jumped up little arsehole that thinks he's better than he actually is!