KADVR6

VR6 head

will be fitting my new VEGE head on thursday but for some reason i seem to be fretting over the timing for some reason?? just not looking forward to doing the job perhaps??

Anyway i have a few questions just to rest my mind before i do the job, seeing i dont have the standard crank pulley on i have no way of finding TDC that way, so after i take the head off is it as simple as just turning the crank till cylinder one is at the top and thats TDC??

And does the head look like its all set up for TDC??

2012-06-16144246.jpg

2012-06-16144317.jpg

I really havent a clue why i'm worried about doing this job, as it all looks very straight forward, just worrying myself about the timing i guess??

karl

Karl, it's straight forward as long as you have the tool (plate) to lock the camshafts in place. Also, if your pulley does not have a timing TDC mark then you need to mark it by using a dial gauge to get piston 1 at true TDC. I did say a while ago that I had a dial gauge you could borrow but you didn't reply.

oh sorry Vinny i did not see/notice your reply, but yeh would like to borrow the dial gauge please.

cheers

karl

Mate, it's in my digs in Shrews, that's why I asked you back in April if you wanted to borrow it as I would have picked it up at the same time as I picked up the K&N filter lol.

Not sure when I'm going back there now, but when I'm back there then I'll pick up the gauge for you to borrow. What you need is a dial gauge and vernier gauge (I have both just need to find the vernier gauge as I've not used it for ages). It's easy to do and I'll happily show/talk you through it.

good head ;)

---------- Post added at 4:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

seriously though bud dont worry if a prick like me can do it anyone can

as driversvr6 said use the pulley mark for tdc

good head ;)

---------- Post added at 4:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

seriously though bud dont worry if a prick like me can do it anyone can

as driversvr6 said use the pulley mark for tdc

would never call you that mate, and thats the probelm as i dont have a pulley mark as my car has a gruven parts pulley with no mark on it.

would never call you that mate, and thats the probelm as i dont have a pulley mark as my car has a gruven parts pulley with no mark on it.

your speeling is as bad as mine.

;)

Is there not a mark on the flywheel, under the little plastic cover just to the left of the gear cables ?

Is your car playing up again?

no mate, just a slight headgasket leak so may aswell fit the new head while i'm there

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

your speeling is as bad as mine.

;)

haha thats big hands and touch screen phones for you.