Dr Forinor

Custom made knife for me

I know not a lot of you like knives or have any interest in them but I just recently got one custom made and just had to show it here :D

DSC04029.jpg

I should receive it next week. I doubt it will be uncomfortable, I have tried other knives with similarly designed handles and have been fine.

I don't get the interest with knives.... what do you use them for besides.. opening boxes? :)

Lol, I see art in them, for starters. Plus I like camping, use them for chopping wood for camp fire, making fuel etc etc. When I camp, I also like to hunt for my own food, so rabbits, fish etc, things like that. But it started off as art for me.

It's also a fascination with the physical properties of a "metal". How sharp it can get, how long it can stay sharp depending on what you put it through etc.

Edited by Dr Forinor

Ah that's fair enough if you're a bit outdoorsy :)

I know having an interest in specific things is just one of those things that not everyone gets.. hell, take a look at us sad Corrado enthusiasts! I just never "got" knives tho :p

Unfortunately, a lot of my interests in the past and lately are of the type that are quite particular, so I am now used to people thinking I'm weird haha.

And funny you say that about use Corrado enthusiasts, I'm getting rid of my GTR soon and bringing the Corrado back out. I'm more happy about the thought of the Corrado back on the road than I am sad about seeing the GTR go....

Crazy. I'd have thought once you got something like a Nissan GTR you've never want to let it go! I really keep debating renting something like one of those or an R8 for a weekend and just "living" with it and seeing what it's like going to the shops and stuff..

I bet you get raced endlessly by chavs in Saxo's and stuff?

Don't get me wrong, the GTR simply just has to be THE best car I have ever driven, without a doubt. As soon as you start driving it, you realise it's something special. The thing is, to get the best, you really need to take it to a track and wring it's neck. At slow speeds, ok not slow but slower, hell even at the speeds that a Corrado would consider quick, it's just cruising and you don't really feel like you're doing anything with it.

That coupled with some other factors that have popped up recently, (more than just 1 reason), it's best to get rid of it for the moment. I will be back though. I will definitely be buying one again for sure.

This is simply a hiccup in the grand scheme of things :D

Oh yeh, the number of people that want to race you and you just think "aw come on, really, in THAT???" is unreal!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

And to live with it on a daily basis, I can't think of a better supercar than a GTR. Taking a lot of practical aspects into account that are required of a daily car, the GTR ticks most of them if not all.

Edited by Dr Forinor

Awesome. One day... one day... :) At least you can say you owned one :)

That I can. And lived through the experiences that owning one brings, the good and the bad. It's been a beautiful journey without a doubt, one that I will never forget. Who knows, I may try it's competitor next time and see what I think...

If you're talking a Porsche of some kind then I think I will have to leave the thread before I boil with envy :D To own even a Boxster is my current ambition really! :)

I think I could afford to run one if I ditched the Corrado AND a daily and just had it was my one car.. but I think I need to get a house first!! Priorities, etc! :|

Well yes, I was thinking of a Porsche lol, but any decent competitor at the time when I consider it again. But then again, there are still many many, SSOOO MANY other cars that I want to try, who knows when that will be.

HHmmm, priorities is also one other factor that is pushing me to sell the GTR.

A friend got a Boxster as a courtesy when he was getting his 911 Turbo serviced and we had a good run it. Boy that car is fun, it's SUCH a hoot it's just silly!

Another friend has the Cayman S, and even at low speeds, the grin it puts on your face it's comical. Porsche are amazing cars!!

But even old school cars, the Audi Quattro, the Lancia Delta, the Original 70s Aston Martin Vantage and the late 90's Aston Martin Vantage twin supercharged, the F355, an Elise, the Exige, the Evora, the original BMW M3, the new BMW 1M, the original Toyota Corolla AE86 for laughs, I'm running out of breath!!! With a whole lot more to go.

An E39 M5 is up there with "cars I could afford to buy but would bankrupt me to run", which I've ALWAYS wanted to own. pete_griff lets me drive his every time we meet up and it just kills me to give the keys back because I absolutely adore it :)

Yeh that's another car that I would love to own one day. Lotus Carlton. Damnit, even a Mk1 and Mk2 Golf to see how they were to drive, any interesting car, a Citreon 2CV, a Lada, Reliant Robin, 205GTi, Clio Williams, Focus RS, I'm very much into any car that had/has some sort of personality. I just want to drive every car out there to see what it's like, I have a lot to get through :lol:

It's good to read about life with a supercar with the rose tinteds off :D Nice knife mate. Can you peel potatoes with it? :D

Lotus Carlton, nice :D I do like Clarkson's DVD where he demonstrated that cars in the 80s/90s were faster. For example, the great big huge tank of an XJ220 with all it's monumental turbo lag absolutely destroyed a Zonda from a standing start!! So yeah, I have a thing for performance cars of yesteryear too.

I've been thinking about an S2000. Cheap, fun and no image problem. A blokish rag top and a driver's car to boot....plus with a turbo bolted to it, what a weapon :D

It's funny, a lot of people ask me what I am getting next, and for my daily driver I'm getting a Golf Mk5 TDi, maybe a Mk6 but unlikely and they all gasp in horror saying "how can you go from that to that". I'm not the type to turn my nose up at anything just 'cos I have the money for an expensive car. I love cars, end of. I don't care if it's valued at £500 or £500k, I'm a true petrolhead, simples!!

I have a lot of people turn their nose up at me who are in their Porsches and I just can't be bothered with it.

My cousin had an S2000 and what a go-kart that was!! Unbelievable amounts of fun to be had. Go-kart like steering, great gearbox, gooooood brakes and such fun handling! Well it is YOU eh mate, of COURSE you're going to turbo it!!!! In the right hands, a turbo-ed S2000 will trouble a hell of lot of cars!

The thing about the GTR is, it finds grip where there is no grip, it's like magic, seriously! There is a particular corner around where I live where it's known to be greasy/slippery in the wet, where a *good* handling car goes around about 35ish. When I say good handling car, I'm talking a Subaru Impreza. In the GTR, in the wet, I was doing 47 and that was only cos 47 was "my" limit, not the car's limit! Man alive this thing is a beast! I'm gonna start to change my mind about getting rid of it if I go on about it any longer.

My friends who like luxury cars, think it's too loud, that's only cos he is used to a Jag XJ, complete serenity. Those that don't *need* silent cars say it's fairly comfortable & quiet. If cruising 75mph, it's fairly relaxing.

I know all the motor journalists say it's too hard for the roads, but I (and a good friend agrees) say it's not. It's more compliant than the Turbo IMO, less fidgety. And if you're get a car that has this sort of handling, of course it's going to be stiffer than an S Class....

That knife is hard enough to go through the body panel of our Corrados.... :D

Please Stop - this is all too much - I am sat reading all this, just thinking, yeah I want one of those and those, yes I have driven that and that and its brilliant and one of those too.

Its all back to holidays ? Cars ? or Cars ? Holidays ?

Jim - I am well up for hiring a Super cars for weekend fun.

Have often thought this is the best and cheapest of all options - non of the hassle of the ownership and probably cost wise only what you would lose in depreciation. So how about it ? Reckon best way, would be to sort out a weekend Tour ?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Of course - the reason for reading the thread about knives in the first place - not being normally such a girlie item ?

Off Scouting this weekend, Survival Weekend, building shelters etc etc etc. 120 Boy Scouts - Do think of me this evening assisting putting up their tents - just hope the rain has stopped by then !!!!

Been on an adult course a few years back - fantastic weekend, the range of knives for the differing Survival tasks - brilliant - keep meaning to buy ine in particular.

Wendy: Any particular knife you had in mind? You want a neck knife? Or a folding knife? Or a fixed blade knife? What sort of tasks will you put it through? You know the UK rules for carrying a knife?

I would love a Nissan GTR but I am not a good enough driver / don't drive enough to warrant one. Like when I had a GSXR750 for a while - I loved it and really enjoyed the track days I did on it but I didn't get the best out of it.

It's funny, a lot of people ask me what I am getting next, and for my daily driver I'm getting a Golf Mk5 TDi, maybe a Mk6 but unlikely and they all gasp in horror saying "how can you go from that to that". I'm not the type to turn my nose up at anything just 'cos I have the money for an expensive car. I love cars, end of. I don't care if it's valued at £500 or £500k, I'm a true petrolhead, simples!!

Absolutely mate, couldn't agree more :D I can afford much better cars than the Corrado too, but I love it too much and nothing really compares to it for all round appeal for sensible money...imo.

I have a lot of people turn their nose up at me who are in their Porsches and I just can't be bothered with it.

I know Clarkson has cliched Porsches to death as being midlife crisis cars, but he's spot on. Certainly in Essex at least, where 90% of all 911s I see are driven along by middle-aged silver foxes at 60mph. The younger Porsche drivers tend to be in Boxsters, but I hate them tbh. Too hairdresserish for my tastes.

My cousin had an S2000 and what a go-kart that was!! Unbelievable amounts of fun to be had. Go-kart like steering, great gearbox, gooooood brakes and such fun handling! Well it is YOU eh mate, of COURSE you're going to turbo it!!!! In the right hands, a turbo-ed S2000 will trouble a hell of lot of cars!

Yeah, that's precisely my kind of car and the S2000 is genderless and actually one of the best looking convertibles I've ever seen.

The turbo would just be for filling in the torque hole as I don't really want to be up at 6000rpm all the time trying to find some grunt :D Once they're up there though, they're flippin quick!

The thing about the GTR is, it finds grip where there is no grip, it's like magic, seriously! There is a particular corner around where I live where it's known to be greasy/slippery in the wet, where a *good* handling car goes around about 35ish. When I say good handling car, I'm talking a Subaru Impreza. In the GTR, in the wet, I was doing 47 and that was only cos 47 was "my" limit, not the car's limit! Man alive this thing is a beast! I'm gonna start to change my mind about getting rid of it if I go on about it any longer.

Sounds like the sort of corner the Corrado would slide off at 20mph on :lol:

Go on, keep it, you know you want to :D

I know all the motor journalists say it's too hard for the roads, but I (and a good friend agrees) say it's not. It's more compliant than the Turbo IMO, less fidgety. And if you're get a car that has this sort of handling, of course it's going to be stiffer than an S Class....

I'm sorry but Merc's are deathly dull cars to drive. I suspect the AMG Blacks are probably more like it, but apparently they're too far the other way and complete handfuls!!

Btw, my wisdom tooth came through no probs in the end mate :D

Mate, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up, I would have loved to take you out in it and would have let you drive it too, I usually tend to agree with your opinions on cars.

I was wondering about your wisdom tooth, never got around to PM'ing you. Was it a surgical or a straightforward extraction?

Yeah I would certainly have loved a drive of your GTR :D

It just poked through of it's own accord without causing any issues to my other teeth, so it's still there doing it's thing!

Boxters suck duck,my g60 blew my friends away when he first got it 2 summers ago.It totally put me off them when i made him look like he was in reverse and even he was shocked and gutted :lol:

Ive been thinking of getting a 911 or m3 next year,both a pretty cheap to pick up these days (6-10k) and alot of car for the money,i could pick an m3 up for 2k more than a corrado with the level of work i want done.

Forinor my good mate is a nice pervert and has loads of spider co's etc ill take some pics off all he has at the moment