deane1989

subframe nackered

on the way to get my tracking sorted today. massive bang and the car nearly puts me in a ditch. get it to the garage and the front sub frame is completely corroded. is this a check in the mot because it passed 4 months ago with no advisory’s. the car has barely done 1500 miles since the mot. does anyone have one for sale, do VW do new ones or am i up **** creek?

Yeah I had an MOT failure certificate for an excessively corroded front subframe. (Previous Owner). Not sure if they're still available, but I should imagine not as their specific to the C. The one fitted to mine after the failure was a second hand one I believe.

sounds like your very lucky to not have had an accident, you aint in xxxx creek , theres plenty of second hand ones available, check out the for sale section or post up in the wanted section..

there's not really plenty of second hand ones available. Perhaps there's a stockpile in guernsey or something.

lol you got me ;) iv been collecting these for awhile now so i can put the prices up!. but theres corrados being broken up all the time so i cant see why it would be hard to find one second hand.. ebay "corrado breaking" message seller for front subframe.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-corrado-breaking-for-spares-/170867231586?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c87b0b62

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

cheers i have been quoted £400 for a new one from vw not to sure if i want to go down the second hand route unless i can find a nice reconditioned one

---------- Post added at 6:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:36 PM ----------

sounds like your very lucky to not have had an accident,
mate if there was anything coming the other way or i was going any faster i think it would have been a lot more serious. defiantly one of those 5p 10p moments :/

£400.00 damn!, i would deffo get a price on a second hand one, atleast you can easily clean it up and paint it yourself or have it blasted and powder coated for alot less then £400.00