daveb142

Hello from Plymouth!

Hi all!

I'm Dave from Plymouth, just signed up to this forum after searching around.

I've currently got a 1.4 16v Polo which I love, however i've decided it's time I need a Corrado haha. Have always loved Corrado's and am now on the search for one! Not in a rush to get one, so taking my time to find the one I want :)

I would love a VR6, however being 19 this would be ridiculous on insurance lol. So i'm after a 1.8 16v with the intentions of doing an engine conversion later on down the line.

Polo:

02f31123.jpg

70a75f42.jpg

bd9e4b38.jpg

Dave

Welcome. Is that a Corrado hiding behind the Polo in the first pic? Actually the Polo looks like a mini Corrado really :)

Cool lil polo! Always liked those 16v ones :) you're doing the right thing going for a raddo tho, they're great (and addictive cars!)

Welcome. Is that a Corrado hiding behind the Polo in the first pic? Actually the Polo looks like a mini Corrado really :)

Hi! No it's a mk3 golf behind the polo in that picture! And haha ever so slightly ;)

Cool lil polo! Always liked those 16v ones :) you're doing the right thing going for a raddo tho, they're great (and addictive cars!)

Thank you :) haha yes! I'm tempted to leave it a year and get a VR6 Corrado :o

Still, keeping my eye out for one...or two ;)

So still haven't got a corrado yet. However finishing the polo off and taking it to Edition38 this year, then will be straight up for sale and after a 2.0L 16v Corrado :D

Decided to go for a later spec corrado. Have read up quite a lot on common problems and such, so look forward to a new project!

Polo atm:

BBEC973C-DADE-4A46-B053-487A505CBAD1-13926-00000E7E5103065A.jpg

3F6B7906-5398-4BA8-9A53-A4B50A52A48E-6206-0000070A3DB7B46C.jpg

Nice polo, I used to have a 16v 100bhp AFH engine like your's they really are great fun. Used to keep up with my 8v mk2 no problem :)

Thanks mate :) Yeah they're quite nippy! Do love the polo, just need a Corrado now haha.

Also a non blurry picture when it's actually clean. Managed to win best polo for swdubs too!: 8423656901_2104381806_b.jpg

Welcome! I lived in Plymouth until recently, if u need anything for the Rado, or indeed the Polo, be sure to give Dan at devondubshack a shout. He broke mine when it was written off, and often has a few bits lying around should u need spares - which no doubt u will! lol

Welcome! I lived in Plymouth until recently, if u need anything for the Rado, or indeed the Polo, be sure to give Dan at devondubshack a shout. He broke mine when it was written off, and often has a few bits lying around should u need spares - which no doubt u will! lol

Hi mate, cheers :) I'm actually good friends with Daniel! And was your corrado H222GWP? If so I remember I've got a picture of it down dds on my Instagram, also I remember it from a swdubs meet :) nearly bought it before you did! Haha. Is a shame what happened! Thanks man, you gonna get another corrado?

Hello mate be nice to see another Corrado in Devon !! Should be able to get yourself fairly cheap insurance on a classic car policy if you get an early model, Brentacre insure my G60 cheapest I could find

That was mine yeah!

Not this picture was it!

Corrado_zps5d22e2a1.jpg

The bonnet flew up going down the embankment when he took it to break after the accident!:nuts:

It was advertised seriously poorly actually! I got it for £500. It only had 5 months MOT, but flew through with absolutely no problems. The bodywork was a touch tatty, and the interior was a bit shabby too, but there was about 6k spent on it in the 5 years before I'd owned it. (TSR recon gearbox, B&M Shortshifer, Vibratech Mounts all round, P+P head, 4-1 heatwrapped Mani etc etc.....) Guy that sold it to me didn't even realise until we started going through receipts when I got there. He was pretty gutted he'd already agreed the price actually! lol

I'm seriously looking for a VR now. Was gonna wait until the compo came through from the accident (had 2 chipped and 1 acute fracture of vertebrae), But as I'm still having physio weekly its not gonna be until at least July I think until its all sorted out, (which would be a over a year since the accident!) so I'm on the hunt now. Missus is due next month though, so don't wanna travel too far from home if I can help it incase she drops! :eek:

Nope, although I was there when it came in lol.

This is the one I took!

70a3ee428ef3f80c29ad88e898b6544e_zpsa68a6066.jpg

excuse the gay effect on the photo.

I actually have the corrado badges from it in my draw! lol

Since then the interior went in the dubshack corrado, and the engine was removed and was going to go in a mk1, but that never happened so not sure what was done with that in the end!

Yeah I remember it being advertised for £500! did an insurance quote on it but at the time it was way too high :(

Hope you manage to find a decent one soon! And ah good luck and congratulations mate :)

So finally got a Corrado today :)

394380_10152842779555430_678702796_n_zpsf9b719c4.jpg

picked this up from "dubnut" in Gloucestershire! Still have the polo however this is my project! :D

Nice Buy Dave, if you need anything gimme a shout have a few bits like In Pro smoked crystal rear lenses, all red rear lenses, carbon fibre. Scuttle cover, R32 seats, professionally polished 50mm inlet manifold and rocker cover, über rare Stroeve motorsport induction kit, scorpion stainless steel exhaust system .......

Nice Buy Dave, if you need anything gimme a shout have a few bits like In Pro smoked crystal rear lenses, all red rear lenses, carbon fibre. Scuttle cover, R32 seats, professionally polished 50mm inlet manifold and rocker cover, über rare Stroeve motorsport induction kit, scorpion stainless steel exhaust system .......

Thanks mate! Oooh, All red rear lenses and scuttle cover I could be interested in? I'm only based down in Plymouth too so could travel up :)

nice one mate

and good weather could be your perfect day lets get out in the rado:dance:

Thanks mate! It's going to be off the road until september unfortunately :( Gonna remove engine, clean everything and fully service engine whilst it's out of the bay (and change sump gasket etc as it's leaking) and then put it back in and mot/tax/insure it!

Insurance on the polo runs out in september and I turn 21 so would be perfect timing really. Long term plans are 1.8 20vt it!