skid

setting car up after fitting coilovers?

Just fitted coilovers to my project VR, do I need to get it set up through 4 wheel alignment or just get tracking and camber set?

Reason I ask this as very little companies offer 4 wheel alignment in my area, the cost of it and is it worth it as the rear is not adjustable anyway... Even though I believe shim options are available.

Thoughts plz guys?

ive just bought some coilovers for mine,not fitted um yet tho due to being ill and the weather.i would say camber and tracking on the front.did you find them easy to change.did you adjust them before fitting um to the car

Camber and tracking on the front will be absoultely fine.

It would be interesting to see the measurements from 4 wheels as the rear beams of these (MK2's & 3 Golfs too) are made out of yoghurt pot.

It takes suprisingly little to bend one and would give you piece of mind everything is nice and square.

*EDIT NOTE*

Don't forget if you raise/lower your car the geometry will change and you will need to camber/track it again. It's worth fiding a suitble ride height you can live with daily before parting with any hard cash for someone to reset it again.

Edited by LRWMotorsport