carrots

poss need differant top mounts

hi i am having a nightmare trying to sort my new coilovers out.prob ive got now is the topmounts on front.ive got the early type mounts do i need the later top mounts to fit these coilovers.

Coilovers can be fitted with early or late top mounts equally. They are not supplied specific to either type. You simply need to apply the correct mounts specific to your model Corrado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just cant see where the big nut on the top of the coilover can go.the one that secures the plate on the spring.early mounts have got that castle nut thing

Your top mounts need to be fitted to your new coilovers in the same way as they were to the original damper struts. If you do this then the mounts will fit as they should. So you will need to secure the top mounts with the "castle" nut, and then secure the top plates with the new nut supplied with the kit.

cheers just worked it out.i can get rid of one nut that came with coilover and replace it with the castle nut.it must be my age hah ha

Hey fella we all have a brain fart from time to time, that's when like minded enthusiasts come in handy. Glad to hear your frustration is over and you can complete the install of your coilies. I hope you are pleased with the new ride height and compliance. Don't overlook the importance of getting the alignment adjusted post fit. Best regards, John JMR

hopefully i will fit the fronts after work tommorow,a mate is going to borrorw me a battery impact gun to undo the topmount nuts.then i will set them somewhere near,then get my polybushes fitted in wishbones and fit them asap,then check tracking camber .and hopefully i wont have to touch that lot again for a while.thanks for help