alank950

vag com win 7

Anyone know where i can download vag com for win 7,,or is this possible as it is an older format ..Also what is the proper interface cable for a 1995 VR6?...thanks

SO I WILL NEED BOTH THESE CONNECTORS?.

VAG-COM OBD2 OBDII 409.1 KKL USB

OBD2 VAG COM Adapter Connector Cable

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

SO I WILL NEED BOTH THESE CONNECTORS?.

VAG-COM OBD2 OBDII 409.1 KKL USB

OBD2 VAG COM Adapter Connector Cable

During download of the VCDS Lite 1.1 there was a message saying that if using a third party USB interface you will have to install drivers for it separately.Consult your interface supplier for details..

Any know if this applies??

I see now!,one is an adapter and one is the interface cable..there seems to be alot of issues regarding the canbus type for proper fitting..my car is late 95 so i assume it will have OBDII 409.1 KKL ..should this socket be under the gear stick?..thats where is was on a 1.8 16v i had before.Looking at the two cables i see one has a usb and 16 pin connector ,the other has 16 pin socket with 2x2 connector..i am puzzled as to what connectors i use to plug into the car?

Yes under the gear stick - all Corrados are OBDI, so there will be a 2x2 (black and white) connector. The 2x2 (black and white) adapter will be needed to convert the OBDII 16 pin connection to ODBI. Its, as you've said, is an adapter for the interface OBDII cable. Plug the OBDI adaptor into the OBDII cable and plug the 2x2 adapter into the car under the gear stick.

Also if you have trouble scanning the ABS you'll have to change one of the USB settings (cant remember which one, do a search it's been covered before), also ive found i can only get hte cable ever to work on one of hte USB ports (COM 3), dunno why. Also before you can scan, plug the cable into the comp and car and go to options in vagcom, you'll have to get vagcom to detect the cable each time (doesnt save for some reason)

Edited by Critical_Mass

I still am having trouble understanding which cables i need .Reading posts i gather i do need the VAG-COM OBD2 OBDII 409.1 KKL USB AUDI VW cable.I cannot figure out if i need the OBD2 VAG COM Adapter Connector Cable Audi VW 2x2..car is a vr6 late 95 model...any feedback on this would be welcomed..i cannot get access to the car untill next week,thats why i am posting the questions..plus i am off work and i havnt anything better to do...lol

Got the VCDS lite downloaded and from what i read there can be issues with getting it running on the computer regarding com ports..i hope it is straight forward enough when i go to set it up..I assume i can run scans with the lite VCDS even though its not a registered version?.

---------- Post added at 2:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:12 PM ----------

All Corrados are OBDI, so the 2x2 (black and white) adapter will be need to convert the OBDII 16 pin connection to ODBI.

Gaz,,i already posted the last comment before i read your post..thanks

My 94 VR has the 16 pin connector, so you may not need the 2x2 adaptor. For the cost though, you may as well grab one if you can't check the car yet. As far as getting the cables to work, mine read the codes once, and never worked again. And because I didn't expect it not to work again, I didn't take a note of any of the codes it had read either :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 94 VR has the 16 pin connector, so you may not need the 2x2 adaptor. For the cost though, you may as well grab one if you can't check the car yet. As far as getting the cables to work, mine read the codes once, and never worked again. And because I didn't expect it not to work again, I didn't take a note of any of the codes it had read either :(

Why do you think it only read the codes once,meby as as it was not the registered version?..

Am i right in saying that the connector should be under the cover at the bottom of the gear stick...thats where i seen the 16pin connector on the 1.8 16v i owned

Why do you think it only read the codes once,meby as as it was not the registered version?..

Am i right in saying that the connector should be under the cover at the bottom of the gear stick...thats where i seen the 16pin connector on the 1.8 16v i owned

Yeah, pull the gear stick gator up and you will see it.

No idea why it only worked once, annoying though.

Hi just to clarify VR6 and G60 Corrados are all classed as OBD1 unless they have been converted to OBD2, but VR6s from late 1993 on had OBD2 type plugs you only need the OBD1 adaptor for G60s and early VR6s hope this helps got both leads off ebay myself, both were the cheapest I could find and both work fine!

The late VRs all had the 16-pin OBD2-style connector, though they speak the OBD1 protocol. You don't need the adapter cable for these. To check, just look under the gear stick surround and see what socket you've got. Personally, I haven't had a working VAG-COM setup for some time, I might well go and buy one of the newer USB cables (still got a serial cable!). Sold on my last laptop that had a serial port some time ago ...

The freebie version of VAGCOM will read off all the codes, but will only "decode" the first one into a text description (unless they've changed that over the years?). You have to decode the rest yourself.. The official VAGCOM licensing model these days is they'll sell you a license and you get a cable free. The cable contains a license code, so you can move it around and the software will always work.