Portent

Bonnet insulation

I believe this is now obsolete? I'm wondering if you can get a generic insulation cut to fit? After starting to clean my engine bay up it's atrting to annoy me that some of my insulation is a little torn. I'd obviously prefer something OEM but close-to-OEM would be sufficient if it tidied it up.

That's actually not a bad shout. When I get a few spare minutes I'll check with my local VW dealer to confirm they are obsolete. I'll ping them an email asking for a delivered cost and enquire about discounts for a group buy. But I suspect we'll get stung quite heavily for import costs and delivery. Their ebay advert quotes $40 for delivery.

I'd be up for a GB if enough interest - If I remember right, Karl (KADVR6) has ties in with couriers etc so might be able to help on the importation front?

Ian.

So a bit of interest then lol?

I just phoned my local VW dealer and it is indeed obsolete (I only checked for the VR6 but I'd be extremely shocked if the G60 version was still available - it was £100.71 + VAT before being made obsolete). So I'll drop the company above an email and ask for a price.

I had a reply back yesterday evening:

One liner with shipping to the UK is $79.

Quantity 5+ would be $35 for each liner and $8 for each emblem.

Shipping for 5 liners $50

Shipping for 10 liners $70

Shipping for 15 liners $80

I asked for a price for them all to be delivered to one location and then I could forward them on from here. That may or may not be the best option. I'm not sure yet. So keep in mind the above price doesn't include onward UK postage and any customs costs.

Right now I'm also very busy so will have to think about whether I have time to arrange such a group buy.

Also to note: These don't include sticky adhesive so you'd need to find something to glue it on :)

Hi! I would be interested in a non-logo set, mine crumbling all over the place! Byrd:cheers:

Edited by Byrd

Presume these will fit a valver too? Could be tempted...

I guess so. There is a G60 and a VR6 version but that looks due to the different bonnet shape for early and lates.

I think I'm likely to try ordering one so I can see for myself the quality and also understand the extra custom costs and hassle involved in shipping. I'll do that before I start a group buy but as there's so much interest I think I'm likely to run one.

I guess so. There is a G60 and a VR6 version but that looks due to the different bonnet shape for early and lates.

I think I'm likely to try ordering one so I can see for myself the quality and also understand the extra custom costs and hassle involved in shipping. I'll do that before I start a group buy but as there's so much interest I think I'm likely to run one.

Looking forward to see the results :thumbleft:

Any development here - Portent, are you still going to go ahead and get one as a sample.......?