timthetinyhorse

more of the storm red VR6

Picked this up two weeks ago, it was in need of an MOT etc so never got round to posting any pics of her.

She is a 1993 VR6 in storm red on TT mini comps, The plans for the car are to keep it looking as factory as possible, source a good leather interior etc and do some shows next year.

My last rado was an aqua pearl 16v and since that car i always wanted a VR so when i was offered this i couldnt say no.......

When i picked her up she had badly faded plates, half clear chrome tail lights and good paint but just needed a polish.

All opinions welcome good or bad so judge for yourself.

Im using her daily so not going down the hard slam route and i know it needs a splitter but im busy trying to find one.

Apologies in advance for the poor photography.

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

Edited by timthetinyhorse

Cleaaaaaaaan!

Looks really good mate, wish my paintwork looked that nice!

although I would change the rear numberplate plinth back to black, looks a little too much red.

Looks superb :) But agreed on the red rear plinth - red is one of those colours that really needs the contrast of the black trim to break up the colour! :)

Cleaaaaaaaan!

Looks really good mate, wish my paintwork looked that nice!

although I would change the rear numberplate plinth back to black, looks a little too much red.

indeed its on my to do list, to be fair the paint looks that good due to its previous owners taking good care of it.

Looks superb :) But agreed on the red rear plinth - red is one of those colours that really needs the contrast of the black trim to break up the colour! :)

totaly agree about the contrast, it will be going gloss black, hopefully this weekend if i get time but lots to get done

Looks lovely!

I would also go black on the plate plinth, or carbon if your feeling flush...

I followed you the other day on my Motorbike & could'nt take my eyes off your VR (quite worryingly ha).....it looks absolutely mint in the flesh mate !

I've owned 4 Corrado's in the past including 3 VR's but not for a year or 2 now & quite honestly after seeing yours the other week (even with your chrome rears on ha) i've started looking around again....which the wife is well chuffed about !!

Hope to see you out & about again & if you see a loon waving madly riding a silver Honda VFR.....that'll be me.

Enjoy her.

Edited by toon vw

Looks lovely!

I would also go black on the plate plinth, or carbon if your feeling flush...

Carbon isn't my bag but going to do it Hi-gloss black as I didn't with the scuttle etc on my aqua 16v a few years back....

I followed you the other day on my Motorbike & could'nt take my eyes off your VR (quite worryingly ha).....it looks absolutely mint in the flesh mate !

I've owned 4 Corrado's in the past including 3 VR's but not for a year or 2 now & quite honestly after seeing yours the other week (even with your chrome rears on ha) i've started looking around again....which the wife is well chuffed about !!

Hope to see you out & about again & if you see a loon waving madly riding a silver Honda VFR.....that'll be me.

Enjoy her.

Where did you follow me mate? I used to have bikes so always keep a good eye in my mirrors.......

Just noticed your from blyth! I'm jogging my brains now trying to think if I've seen any rados in the past when I had my last aqua one a few years back.......

I've dropped you a private mail pal.

Quick update for the rado

Firstly a post I just stuck up on detailing world

So today i gave my wife some money to go shopping so I could get on with something that's been bugging me since I got the car.....rusty callipers and the insides of the wheels were filthy, this wasnt going to be a caliber off pads out job, this was a quick mask and spray job but here are the results.....

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so couldn't take very good pics due to using my phone :wall:

First I gave the caliber a good wire brush down and used brake cleaner to shift the dust.

94A3F3EA-CF4E-40A5-B4AA-D76B3BE18C57-4501-0000029A86E9BA78.jpg

Then mask off the disc and get busy with the paint......have no fear the pic doesn't show the inner arch masked but it was :thumb: also the pads were masked off

37E21044-E07C-4C57-BBFD-015E1398D406-4501-0000029A91CB41B4.jpg

Once the brakes were painted and left to go off it was time to tackle the wheels which were fairly dirty

9C13E13C-5E2D-4832-A52F-53B663486447-4501-0000029AB8846290.jpg

Gave them a good spray with wonder wheels (it's all I had as my clean your car order didn't come) and agitated it with detailing brush

4B2E7AF8-F214-4ADA-B14B-9FE2A660E945-4501-0000029A96C4B080.jpg

Next the wheels were rinsed and given a good polish with AG super resin then a coat of HD wax....yet again I had run out off any wheel specific products so had to do the best with what I had

613FA647-7B62-46C3-81E2-A5DA3959688F-4501-0000029AA488562D.jpg

I then did the same with the face of the wheels and gave the tires a good shine with megs tyre dressing

66A36C2F-F0F9-4D87-8137-25C1549A9BE7-4501-0000029AAA8E8FDF.jpg

Wheels were than fitted and I was much happier with the OEM silver look, the brake disc centres were also done satin black to hide the messy rust.....

AC59EE1B-1531-4FC6-9DA8-DF98C7CB94EF-4501-0000029ACA36EC90.jpg

It was then time for some light refreshment

54F09CDD-D7C4-426E-B135-94C3C35B8156-4501-0000029AB0F925E8.jpg

Next task was the exhaust, it was looking a bit shabby so I got straight to sorting that out.

Before

A6523E75-48D1-46F1-83B5-0CC45B11AC65-4501-0000029ABE65AC5C.jpg

And after

9AAF0107-D281-4C2A-8355-93335370464B-4501-0000029AC451EF05.jpg

All that was left to do now was apply a 2nd coat of AG HD wax and take a couple of reflection shots

F8D965C3-8E61-4528-A6E7-5024B232709E-4501-0000029AD411324A.jpg

BACF4917-2A29-47B2-9AE5-8826FA37D3F3-4501-0000029ACF891C56.jpg

And 2nd a few night time shots copied from edition 38

Got a few more pics of the car last night,

As iv said in the past im no good with a camera but here they are.....

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0165.jpg

Your car looks sensational in those photographs. Just the right amount of modification with the subtle wheels and exhaust, the rest pretty standard looking..great plate too

no its not tornado that was my mistake, i think its storm but need to check the paint code as have a little bit of painting to do next week so need to get the paint

well noticed

no its not tornado that was my mistake, i think its storm but need to check the paint code as have a little bit of painting to do next week so need to get the paint

well noticed

I think it could be Flash red it certainly looks like flash well taken care of by the looks of it :salute:

Defo flash red.. Clumpy cheated though, I've just taken on his old flash red G60! :lol:

All looks good, red's a really hard colour to get things to look 'right' on. Colour coding too much stuff doesnt work imo - number plate plinth/grill/handles all need to stay black to break the colour up. I was thinking the bumpstrips would have to stay too but it does look smart with them removed.

I'll race you to finding a splitter first, mines missing too :lol:

anyone will win that race aginst me as i refuse to pay the daft prices people want lol!!

Yeah im going to do my plinth satin back to break up the red on the back end...... Is your rado on TSW venoms??

wish you were a bit closer would love to get some pics of the two red rados together!

anyone will win that race aginst me as i refuse to pay the daft prices people want lol!!

Yeah im going to do my plinth satin back to break up the red on the back end...... Is your rado on TSW venoms??

wish you were a bit closer would love to get some pics of the two red rados together!

haha im the same, ive just been trying to convince a mate about break his car so i can have his splitter :lol:

yeah mines on venoms.. i was going to change them straight away as i wasnt a fan back in the day let alone now, but everyone thats seen them has been so excited about them im tempted to let them stay! :bonk:

im sure they'll end up meeting at a show one day, but you know somewhere is far away when you have to google it to see where it is!

HA HA yeah im almost in scotland!

what size are the venoms? they look massive? i.e. 17" which in my world is massive on a road lol....

Yeah i will be hoping to take the car to a few shows next year once im happy with it but it has a long way to go yet before its at the standard that i expect from my cars lol, doubt i will get the engine bay sorted any time soon though so it will be a bonnet closed car at shows lol.

How old is the G60? looks clean as a whistle in your sig.