Jim Bowen

VR6 Throttle Cable confusion

Yes, it seems everything is going wrong now with my corrado project. :(

Went to order a throttle cable, VW needed my chassis number, went home and got it, ordered the cable. Came to fit it a few months later and its the wrong type.

2012-08-17142109.jpg

^^^One on the right is from my car.

Went back to VW and he said i ordered the late cable which should fit, but it seems my car uses the early type? But apparantely the early type of cable is now obselete :(

Will just order a copy part, but curious why my car appears to use the early style. Could i just swap the pedal and metal arm instead?

yes, i will go for that please if you selling.

let me know how to pay and i'll send it over asap

Thanks

You should inspect the rubber bush in the pedal that the cable hooks into. If its worn or torn, the cable slips out and suddenly you've no accelerator. I posted the info on the forum a few months ago. Theres a guy on Ebay who sells them but he's on holiday until 26th Aug and has nothing listed at present-cost £2.50

I have the little rubber bush out the hole and it looks great still, not even dry and wrinkly which is suprising.

I wonder if my pedal has been changed? Anyone got a photo of a late pedal and the bit that pull the cable.

Would rather the newer style as its usually revised for a reason, and i notice the late cable has a spring in it for something

I've not seen ANY Corrado use that kind of cable :D The only difference I'm aware of between them is the length, but they all have the same 'hook' arrangement at the pedal end.

I went to remove it from the metal arm on pedal and the arm just bent really easy, got worried so bent it back, looks about right to me :lol:

sorry to revive an old thread but just looked at my throttle cable and it's the newer one with the ball and spring,

where can I get one of them from?

Found it, Some pics to check its the correct one.

20130407_114258.jpg

20130407_114321.jpg

Can't believe it cost £40! Let me know if you want it and i'll be happy to sell, but probably going to want £35 posted

looks the same as long as it's got the 90 degree bend which goes to the pedal area

Yeah £40 is a lot for a cable, where abouts are you?