MedwayCorrado

Random Juddering/Kangerooing..

Hi guys,

Had my Corrado for nearly a week now and am loving every minute of it, its such a lovely car to drive and pulls well all the time and gets looks and i generally love it, although it has one problem.

Its an intermittent problem where when the car reaches 5000/5500 rpm its kangeroos majorly, like you've just driven in to a wall. It did this when i first took a mate out in the car about 2 hours after i bought it which was rather embaressing, but we thought it had been sitting a while so i gave it a good service and it seemed to sort the problem, no more juddering, but today, pulling on to a roundabout, there it was again, rather scary considering a huge MPV type thing was coming at me!!

Any ideas on what i could do or check to change this? If it helps its a 2.0 16v.

Thanks.

Matt

Any history? Got a chip or some other mods on it? I don't know how smart the 2.0 16v engine is - can you read off the error codes? Major kangarooing might be caused by a sensor failure (i.e. total loss of power).

My 16v started to do the same thing a few weeks before the fuel pump gave up. I think there are different fuel delivery setups for different engines / year. Mine has a lifter pump in the tank and one under the car toward the rear on the drivers side (next to the fuel filter). That's the one that quit on mine.

id check the usually suspects first, crank postion sensor,ht leads,coil pack,change fuel filter,etc (easiest first and cheapest)

2.0 16v has one undercar pump,filter is beside it.

But sounds more like a coil/ht problem rather than fuel especially as its at high rpms in lower gears.check for loose electrical connectors too!