TanVr6

Sunroof not closing?!?

Hi there guys

After repairing the petrol leak from

The fuel filter (I hope)

The sunroof has been fully opened n now decided that it doesn't want to close? Any ideas?

Is it something simple or is it going to be the more common failure that everyone goes through?

What can I try?

To get it closed, take the switch cover off to reveal the motor, there will be a long Allan key you can use to wind it shut manually . Mine opens with the motor but doesn't close so I'm guessing it's time for a new/replacement motor. Not that I've had the call to use my sunroof recently :lol:

Mine had the exact same problem yesterday! It's been working fine, and then it just wouldn't close. It won't open either. The relay clicks in the motor, but it makes no attempt to move either way.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but the clocks now lose power when I switch the engine off as well - both things happened at the same time. Could be a fuse?

Sometimes the roof goes back a little further than it should and gets stuck. Pushing and holding the tilt button seems to 'reset' the timings on mine and it closes again. If it's stuck mechanically, it'll have to be stripped and overhauled. It' doesn't take much resistance for the motor's thermal overload to kick in. VAG's special "sliding mechanism" grease is a must for these sunroofs.

Yeh

Had to remove cover and wind the sunroof manually

Think the motor is on its way out

Another cost... :(

I wonder how much that is gna cost me