Jim Bowen

Iphone 4S vs Iphone 4 & Galaxy S2

S3 on t mobile for 22 quid a month (26 minus monthly claim backs), 750gb data 300 minutes and unlimited texts

Does anyone understand T Mobile bills? The missus finally got her phone on Friday and also a letter asking for £49.40? She's on the 'full monty' tariff. £26 month, 2000 mins, unlimited text & data. I'm equally confused by it. Like her, I thought you just pay £29.99 for the handset then £26 a month from the day you take the contract but they put all sorts of confusing stuff on the bill, such as "outside of plan charges". She only just got the phone, so how can there be any charges??! :shrug:

T mobile were slack, rude and unhelpful. She's more patient than me. I'd have told them to shove it.

Not only that, her IP4 rings straight to a (dead) number when you go into Voicemail. Should we try a factory reset?

I suspect none.

he shoots he scores :lol: ,ive never had any but i had alot pf arty/poser twat friends when i worked in the call centre and they were always jelious that i could do things on my phone they couldnt once they got used to it and wanted more out of it.The only time they were happy was when they all sat in a group like a bunch of girls pulling off over the apple brand,i will always seek the fastest and best tech not the fashion....ill keep that side of me to the 70 quid i wasted last week on a hugo boss polo shirt :lol: ,well i say wasted but if it gets me a dip its money well spent :rofl:

and as regards tablets if i want one ill most likely get the new windows one so its got a keyboard if needed or an andro one,functionality over fashion i say,plus like i said all the people whove had them are either techno retards or just end up unhappy when they realise they were sucked into a brand

I hate to say it but you're just being an even bigger stereotype. I'm so cool because I hate Apple and make Baaaaaah noises at people who buy their hardware.

I'm sorry but I'll take my advice from someone who at least has an informed opinion to give.

I hate to say it but you're just being an even bigger stereotype. I'm so cool because I hate Apple and make Baaaaaah noises at people who buy their hardware.

I'm sorry but I'll take my advice from someone who at least has an informed opinion to give.

there is this magical thing out there called the internet,i dont have to own a product to form an opinion on them i just do my research and check out store demos plus try other peoples,usually though performance figures for me speak for themselves.If reseaching a product to find its worth is non informative then i guess i am although to me thats sounds as retarded as gary glitter been allowed to teach primary education

Edited by corrado_sunderland

plus like i said all the people whove had them are either techno retards or just end up unhappy when they realise they were sucked into a brand

You simply can't generalise like that I'm afraid.

For all the things that Apple are hated for, they also do lots of things well. I know a lot of people who are pretty die-hard Apple enthusiasts (but not quite the frothing at the mouth, standing outside an Apple store to buy a new product for 2 days type enthusiast) and whilst I'd say that none of them are especially technical, then it goes to prove that they make good technology accessible to a wider audience than perhaps other products have enabled people to, in the past.

I don't know, for example, of any other company that has such a complete eco system for collecting and distributing media (be it photo's, purchased music & movies, etc) across all of your devices. Apple have that nailed. If you have an iPod connector in your car, and you have several iAppliances, you're well sorted for syncronising your music and stuff across those devices and having access to it all wherever or whatever you're using.

The Apple stuff isn't for me any more but seriously - stop being so short sighted.

You simply can't generalise like that I'm afraid.

For all the things that Apple are hated for, they also do lots of things well. I know a lot of people who are pretty die-hard Apple enthusiasts (but not quite the frothing at the mouth, standing outside an Apple store to buy a new product for 2 days type enthusiast) and whilst I'd say that none of them are especially technical, then it goes to prove that they make good technology accessible to a wider audience than perhaps other products have enabled people to, in the past.

I don't know, for example, of any other company that has such a complete eco system for collecting and distributing media (be it photo's, purchased music & movies, etc) across all of your devices. Apple have that nailed. If you have an iPod connector in your car, and you have several iAppliances, you're well sorted for syncronising your music and stuff across those devices and having access to it all wherever or whatever you're using.

The Apple stuff isn't for me any more but seriously - stop being so short sighted.

everything you described there was things i can do in a few minutes with a usb cable,ill tell ya what.

how about i buy an i pad,convert the usb port with a bogroll tube,bacon and olive oil into a moist crevis.ill make sweet love to it for a few hours,caress the screen with my japs the lot then would i have enough experience of apple products to have an informed opinion? :lol:

Ok. You win. I can't bring myself down to your level. I won't bother trying in the future.

Wow.

Just for the record, I have had iPhones and won't be buying any more, I have an S2 and hopefully will get the 3 soon. I do however understand and appreciate the tech Apple has brought to the market. Both phones are fantastic and I wouldn't say not to buy an Apple to anyone, just depends on preference. Personally I thought the new Iphone 5 was not a very substantial leap for them, and it's keeping them behind the trend drastically. With this and the past lawsuits showing true colours, I just won't go iPhone anymore, but they are both still very good.

and Sund stop being narrow minded!

Yes the S3 is awesome but let other people have their choice, you're starting to sound like a few of my friends who are in the iPhone crowd and take the **** out of my choice of phone. Competition is great, we have a lot of choice now thanks to it, and they're all good candidates!

what the **** is everyones problem,i have ****ing used one before so im allowed an opinion,their **** is overpriced for what if offers,so i wont buy it....end of,its not narrow minded i hate been restricted and everything about the brand is controlled so i hate it plusi dont like slave labour camps making stuff for people to pay a fortune for.My choice,my preference , its an opinion formed on experiece and what ive read,im loyal to no brand....whatever is best tech wise at the time i go for

I'm not too bothered about the S3 being better than an Iphone or vice versa. Just needed a new phone. The big debate people have is quite insignificant to me. But this phone has got me quite interested in samsung now, they seem a quality well thought out product.

Had my S3 for the weekend now and can see me only using the camera, internet browser, text/calls. Could of probably done the same with an iphone but prefer the bigger screen of the S3. Sat nav is the same as my xperia. Don't feel i need to buy a tablet now either.

Am sure the iphone had better sounding speakers when playing music, but i've not got any top quality music on the S3 yet. Sounded great with the earphones though and at home i usually use a dock anyway.

All 8 people in the offices around me here have iphones and i can't see any benefit, apart from the itunes thing, but i do have an ipod already

when i worked in the call centre and they were always jelious that i could do things on my phone they couldnt

You do have a point there.

I've had iPhones for 4 years but I only learned this weekend the full extent of it's super locked down behaviour.

Take it's Bluetooth for example. It only works with handsfree devices! You can't use it to copy contacts over from a different make of phone. It doesn't even work iphone to iphone. What an absolute crock of schitt. I can't believe Apple seriously expect people to manually type in 100s of contacts into an iPhone?

And then the missus wanted to copy a picture from her laptop to her iphone to use as wallpaper. Can you do that? Nope. You get a nice "Apple says: F'ck you end user scum" no entry sign when attempting to drag / drop files to the iPhone.

So yes, Apple have lost my business as far as their phones go I'm afraid.

Funny but on a recent trip with my boss and another work colleague we went to one of our shops brands HQ up in Cramlington, my boss accidentally made a note of the post code but alas they had moved to a different unit less than a mile away 12 months previously.

An Audi sat nav & both their i phones were pretty usless so i get my S2 out and say Take me to Scott Sports Cramlington. Booom it was on my screen in less than 2 seconds & my boss & colleague were stunned at how good it worked while they were faffing about with theirs.

Guess it has a quicker processor or something?? Jim will be aware of my pathetic understanding of technology :lol: but i thought i'd just share my little experience :)

I like my S2 I do.

I think the Iphones and Ipads are brilliant for those who are not very techy. They are brilliant 'out the box' products which require hardly any set up and are simple to use. If you wanted more out of them there is always jailbreak. I myself have owned the 3GS, 4S and Ipad2, all of which have been jailbroken at some point. I agree with alot of comments on here, that apple products are amazing but apple themselves are money grabs T***s. It annoys me that when you suggest buying apple, you get called a sheep. There highest selling for a reason.

But based on all this, im now moving from apple and trying something new. I still have my Ipad for all apple stuff and im not changing for any of the sterotypical reasons (apple haters), just fancy a change. Never know, might end up buying the Iphone 6 when it has an extra cm of screen :lol:

What is it that Apple products do that makes apple users so angry when you tell them all phones do the same stuff nowadays. I ask people and they come out with really small things like not having to press call before calling someone and this syri thing they all raved about, which i've never seen anyone use.

I don't modify my phones, just use them out the box

the reason peope get called a sheep is the fact that they only became popular as a fashion item im a firm beliver you should have to learn a little with new tech or wll all end up likee walle and useless.

the original pc's are good for photo work but the rest may look pretty and be easy to use as people say but that will never ever justify the extra cost when the gear inside isnt as good in my opinion.

plus i find all there suposed quirrks are gimmicky horse **** id never use..siri....yeah it was funny to see if it found big tits on my s 3 but id never use a thing like that again otherwise,the cloud i dont use as as my stuff is on the device anyway due to non memory card restricrions,i tunes again i dont need as media player is fine and all the sync business i never use as every pic,music file or anything i want is on my phone anyway as my sd card is not faggystuck so i have huge storage space and one item for everything i need away from the pc,why do i need 1000s of £ worth of stuff

apple create a cult where to complete the lifestyle you need all the range,like i said i want one product that do the lot and make me a little bit more confident with tech along the way.

apple create a cult where to complete the lifestyle you need all the range,like i said i want one product that do the lot and make me a little bit more confident with tech along the way.

Yep. Like Mr Ralph Lauren Golf clothes man :lol: Ralphy pants, trousers, polo shirt, pull over, socks and shoes. A grand's worth just to whack a ball in the air.

ralph%2Blauren%2B1990.jpg

Had my S3 for the weekend now and can see me only using the camera, internet browser, text/calls.

If you haven't already downloaded it, I can't rate Swift Key higher... It's an incredible keyboard and I'm sure you'll prefer it to the standard. Have a play with different settings to achieve your particular style.

PowerAmp is the best music player, but I agree with you the sound output is a lot quieter than what the iPhones/Pods kick out.

MX Player for video playback.

Opera or Chrome for web browsing. If you use Chrome on your computer and log in through Google, it'll have all your bookmarks saved which is pretty handy.

All contacts should be added and sync'd through Google too :D

Oh and try out Lapse it and Photaf on the camera sides of things...

Oh ****....

Uh well Apple force children to smoke and if they don't, they use their brains in the Siri chip...

So **** you anyone that has ever used or looked at an Apple product, you're supporting this **** BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh ****....

Uh well Apple force children to smoke and if they don't, they use their brains in the Siri chip...

So **** you anyone that has ever used or looked at an Apple product, you're supporting this **** BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

see now your just been silly :lol: everyone knows they use the suicide worker brains for siri chips

It's this sort of thing that really confuses me:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9549228/iPhone-5-sends-Apple-juggernaut-into-overdrive.html

And, to some extent, I agree with our Sunderland friend. What's the point of spending potentially £700 just to have/be seen with the latest thing? And even worse, the idiots who queue up for 12 hours to get their hands on one, probably because they can't even wait for the damn Postie to arrive :nuts:

Yes I do have an iPad but it's the first generation and until they actually do something else a bit more groundbreaking with it, I won't be upgrading. Oooh 7% thinner and 2% lighter and the battery life is extended by 3 minutes. So what. Ok the new ones have a better display and a camera. But I have a camera. It's called, a camera.

But in general the iPad is a wonderful device. I've just bought a new Yamaha AV receiver (home cinema amp to you and I) and there's an app that lets me control everything from my iPad. Including streaming all of my music to the speakers hooked up to the amp.

And the Macbook Pro. If you price up a new one with the fancy retina screen and add a few minor upgrades, you're easily knocking on the door of £2k+. There's no way in hell I'll spend that much. I have a decent spec 15" MBP and I paid a Windows laptop price for it. And it will probably do me for the next 4 years.

So it's for that reason that I dislike this apparent douchebag label that automatically means that if you buy Apple stuff you're a turd.

Hmm. When that started I was only going to post a link. Like most things in my life it turned into an angry meandering rant.

Looking forward to getting my iPhone 5 in the post on Friday :)

Amazing apple clocked up over 2 million devices on the first pre order day!

Love my iPad. Best thing since sliced bread.

Bought a mac book pro in 2008. It's not missed a beat and still running as smooth as the day I it came out the box, upgraded various OSX versions over the years and running a treat, don't use it much since getting my iPad though, I've not found anything I can't do on the ipad that I can't do on my mac.

IMHO you get what you pay for and there's no denying that apple products "just work"

id still rather **** myself off with razor wire than own one though, the order just proves how sad and hyped people are,no buts no nothing it is not the best phone on the market and is the most expensive so **** that **** im a wolf not a sheep and i have this thing called common sence.

And every premium product just works otherwise no-one would buy them would they :\