gripper924

Abs ecu

Right... from the start! I own a 1995 2.0 16V 93k, great condition I have owned it as a second car for 11 years and it lives in the garage six days a week.

Two years ago it failed its MOT as the ABS light would not go out. Five weeks and much diagnostic later the garage eventually gave up and wired the ABS light to the battery light as the ABS worked fine. This got it through the MOT.

A year later the ABS cut in under normal braking, so I disconnected the ABS. The local VW dealer had a team of mechanics looking at this problem but could not work it out. Now the MOT has picked up that the ABS light flickers when I switch the engine off, so there must be some sort of charge coming back to the ABS light once the engine stops. My questions:

1. Can I stop this reverse charge so the light does not flicker when I turn the engine off.

2. How can I find out what the ABS ECU unit part number is in case I need to replace it?

3. Where is the ABS ECU located so I can look at it myself.

4. Any other useful information will be much appreciated.

I run the car on a tight budget so am not able to fund a new ABS ECU!

appreciated,

Peter

The abs ecu lives behind the trim on the passenger side...if you sit in the pass side the trim nearest your left foot its almost a square piece of trim

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2