Sign in to follow this  
rallyeman

Broken G lader

This is a picture of my charger after it decided to grenade itself. I am running the standard pulley and this charger has done under 25k miles, with regular oil and filter changes (max 6k miles). apparently it was rebuilt by, you've guessed it, Jabbashite. I am on the look out for a new one or a reconditioned on if anyone knows of any going anywhere. I think it is safe to say that mine is furked.

Is that because of a broken cog belt? :shock:

Shame on Jabba once again... :p

Let me advise you...

Go for a brand new charger!

that looks like a siezed bearing caused that to me... :| :(

I hope you find a replacement with as little hassle and cost as possible... :?

As Kongo says, keep an eye on Ebay, there's a bloke on there with some BRAND new ones which look spot on... Kongo's got one on his now, and it seems excellent... 8)

Steve at Pitstop reckons the belts don't snap. Snapped belts are a result, not the cause of the failure.

Gavin

how much are they to buy??? i wanna perhaps buy one and have it as a chrome paperweight :?

Unlucky mate..i hope you get it all sorted with little much cost.

lovely pic, mine did exactly the same and in the same place, don't forget you'll probably need a new I/C as well as the little bits from your charger would have gone that way :cry:

Hi All,

i brought a G lader on the german ebay it cost me a total of 175 pounds and that the shipping was 50 quid

it was well worth it cos it has only done 10k just go to the ebay site and search for G ladder ! you will find loads

it would help if you know some one who can read german

Good luck!

We offer g-ladders fully serviced to any spec with 6 months unlimited milage warranty for piece of mind, contact me for more info.

rgds

I spoke to pitstop yesterday and they suggested removing all the boost hoses, the I/C, the throttle body and the inlet manifold and cleaning throroughly. I'm going to wash it all through with kerosene or something similar and see what falls out. Hopefully that'll sort it. Gotta find a charger first. It's not a nice sound when you hear the charger blow itself apart, something I don't want to be repeating.

Just mail him about it, i bought on the german ebay twice already, most of the time they are supprised when i ask them about it. Seems like the only to germany is standard ebay... good luck finding a good charger :)

Hi All,

i brought a G lader on the german ebay it cost me a total of 175 pounds and that the shipping was 50 quid

it was well worth it cos it has only done 10k just go to the ebay site and search for G ladder ! you will find loads

it would help if you know some one who can read german

Good luck!

Virgin

As they say, the boy done good.

He does say that he'll only ship within Germany though...

Nah... Just have a talk with him! I´m pretty sure that he will ship to you! :)

After all... He wants to sell that thing! 8)

VR6-er...

Nice avatar! :mrgreen:

I love my avatars and you guys seem to too. I even got a pm from someone today (they will remain anonymous) wanting to know who it is and I dont know. I still like this one though.

Hmmm, Jabba-the-cut-and-shut's finest.

I reckon all they do is clean the outer casing and put a sticker on it.

Nah, they definately changed the bearings in mine... I'm sure that they weren't a make I'd never heard of BEFORE I took it there... :? :roll: :wink:

To be fair, the porting work that had been done on my charger was pretty good (by all accounts) and they'd even re-weighted the counter weight to take into account the weight of the metal they'd taken off the scroll... 8)

Personally, I'm still not 100% that it wasn't just a dodgy batch of bearings/seals that they got as all of the chargers that seem to be giving problems were all rebuilt by them around about the same time... :?

Then again, maybe I'm too forgiving... who knows.... ;) :roll:

There are complete G60 G-laders available inGermany for as little as £40 it seems :shock: - Germany only though... :(

Mike,

where would I find one of these?

Hmmm, Jabba-the-cut-and-shut's finest.

I reckon all they do is clean the outer casing and put a sticker on it.

You may be surprised to know that they don't renew all of the bearings !! I know this for a fact - they didn't renew all of my bearings, even with a conversion to R1 spec.

Their point of view - "some of the bearings don't usually wear very much & so we don't bother to replace all of them" (direct quote from Jabba)

My point of view - I'm paying for a FULL rebuild - I want a FULL rebuild :mad:

I wonder if the bearing that went was one that they decided not to change ??

Is that really what they said? That would go some way to explaining why the charger only lasted 25k, I would've thought at least 40k for a standard charger with standard pulley and regular oil changes. What the point of rebuilding it at all if you don't do it properly. Useless.

Is that really what they said? That would go some way to explaining why the charger only lasted 25k, I would've thought at least 40k for a standard charger with standard pulley and regular oil changes. What the point of rebuilding it at all if you don't do it properly. Useless.

Yes - that is really what Brian said. Brian is the guy who does their rebuilds & is also a partner/owner in the business too. It is apparently fairly standard practice not to change some of the bearings - for most/all rebuilders. My point is that the bearings are comparatively cheap to replace - my personal opinion is that they should all be changed regardless of condition.

example - you change the front brakepads on your car. 1 of the old pads has plenty of lining left on it. You'd still change all 4, even though 1 was perfectly okay.

Now I'm not saying that it is one of the bearings that they don't change that has failed - all I'm saying is that it's a possibility.

Yes - that is really what Brian said. Brian is the guy who does their rebuilds & is also a partner/owner in the business too. It is apparently fairly standard practice not to change some of the bearings - for most/all rebuilders. My point is that the bearings are comparatively cheap to replace - my personal opinion is that they should all be changed regardless of condition.

Exactly, your paying for a rebuild, it should be rebuilt to at as new condition...

(Interested to see what Darren has to say on the subject?)