jimbob88

Which nitrous

I've done quite a bit of reading about this and dont have a definitive answer.

If i were to keep my shot below 100 (probably 50-75) and used a window switch to only allow it to fire above 3500rpm would a single wet fogger be ok?

This is not a thread about should i or shouldnt i etc etc i already know im going to, i've done my research about nitrous injection, intake pooling etc im really just looking for advice as to which firing system would be best

I dont mean it in an arrogant way i just dont want it turn into a thread of ney sayers etc :)

Any of you guys running nitrous?

I bought a system ready for my G60, and have never got round to fitting it :( (which incidentally is currently up for sale, BNIB, for bottle, kitting kit, and progressive controller etc).

The design of the intake manifold has a lot to do with which firing system you use. For the VR6 I have only ever seen direct port rather than single foggers.

Yeah i was thinking direct port due to thefact theres 6 cylinders, i also have a 330ci that i was considering spraying and theres now you can you anything other than dp with them due to the length of the engine/intake manifold BUT i have seen a few VR's with single foggers on and the guys running them said as long as you dont fire it below 3500 the velocity of the air keeps the fuel atomised properly, one guy was running a 100 shot with no problems for well over a year

Which system do you have jmc? Single? Dp? Wizards, nx? And more importantlyhow much are you looking for it :)

Personally, I would be concerned with a system that is fine if it only injects above a certain rev range and relies on the gas flow the stop it pooling. Given the size of the inlet manifold on a VR6, I would also be concerned about nitrous being distributed evening across all the runners even when above 3500rpm.

Mine was single port as the G60 manifold is fine with that. It's based on a Wizard of NOS 150i and a race spec progressive controller and is all brand new in box for substantially less than it would be now (link below which includes price).

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?61785-Complete-Wizards-of-Nos-nitrous-setup-BNIB&highlight=wizards+nos

This was bought with daily usability in mind and therefore is full of safety features and controllability, hence a load of additional extras such as the IDU and nitrous and fuel pressure sensors.