Price: £4750

Description:

1994 Corrado R32 for sale.

The Spec:-

Vehicle mileage - 203K

Engine mileage -

Customised United Motorsport downpipe

Jetex 2.5" Exhaust

Engine code and type - Audi BDB 3.2 V6. Golf R32 ECU professionally mapped by Stealth Racing. 260hp, 234lbft torque.

Engine mounts - Vibratechnics x 3. You might want to change these to standard if you don't like vibrations.

Gearbox - Standard VR6 with 3.68 final drive and Quaife diff.

Clutch - Helix Autosport. Good for over 400hp if you're wanting to put more grunt down.

Interior - Standard black cloth in excellent condition. Momo Steering wheel.

Radio - None

'Genuine Corrado first aid kit' - Check. Even includes the rare Karmann bandages which are 15 years out of date.

'Genuine Corrado hazard triangle' - Check.

Wheels - OE speedlines in mint condition

Tyres - Continetal premium contanct 205/50/15

Bodywork - In excellent rust free condition. Some paint mismatches due to assorted repairs over the years, but it's straight and tracks perfectly.

Suspension - KW V3 coilovers

Brakes - MK4 rear calipers, 288 front calipers, braided hoses front and rear.

Uprated headlight loom (internal)

Tax - Until April 13

MOT - Expires Feb 13

Insurance - £550-£700 for a 35+ year old male, garaged, depending on insurer.

The common questions:-

Does the sunroof tilt and slide? - Yes it does.

Does the spoiler work and have you stripped and greased it? - Yes and yes I have.

Have you checked and repaired the rear 1/4s for rust, especially the offside? - Yes indeedy.

Have you replaced the roof strips? - Certainly have

Are the fog lights cracked? - Nope

Are the headlights yellow? - Nope

What's the mpg of that big engine? - 32mpg overall last time I calculated it

Is it quick? - Yes, very!

Are the seat bolsters worn? - Not even close

What is the ride and handling like with the KW V3s? - Superb

Does the ABS work? - Perfectly

The sales pitch:-

Quite a notorious car on here and has had pretty much everything done to it over the years but only for functional / performance reasons.

I've driven loads of Corrados over the years and this is one of the best. I'm not saying that out of bias, it just is :-) It drives superbly and has very few interior squeaks and rattles. Everything works as it should and feels far more solid and planted than it's mileage would suggest.

In it's current incarnation, the R32 has given it every day usable performance with surprising economy. I average 32mpg and I know I've seen 35-37 if driven sedately. i.e. sticking to the speed limits and changing up early. And bearing in mind that economy is factoring in the busier motorway cruising speed because of the shorter final drive.

Reason for sale:-

I've had it nearly 9 years and I fancy a new project. I've developed it as far as my time and funds will allow, so it's time for a new owner to take the reigns :-) I hate to think of the £1000s I've sunk into this car, but trust me on this, my loss is most definitely someone else's gain here ;-)

It's probably worth the asking price in parts alone, but I can't be bothered to break it.

Yes it has a high mileage and the MOT is short, but I won't be entertaining daft offers. It's one of the most sorted Corrados around and I think the price is very fair considering the investment and time it's had put into it. But I have also taken into consideraton it's mileage and the fact the paint isn't as perfect as I'd like.

The pictures:-

Engine bay.

Img_0054.jpg

Img_0055-1.jpg

Img_0056-1.jpg

Img_0057.jpg

Img_0065-2.jpg

Img_0062-2.jpg

Img_0058-2.jpg

Img_0059-1.jpg

LOADS more pictures of the car in my gallery thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?51387-Kevhaywire-s-Corrado-R32

A video:-

Here it is being mapped by Stealth in September 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjG4OB72alU&feature=plcp

Any more questions etc, please PM me.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I'm not sure to be honest mate. So many ideas floating around in my head, but that also appeals!

The car doesn't owe me anything and I'm not desperate to sell it. It's not advertised on any paid sites. I just want it to go to the right person :)

Video link fixed and another one from the back (and proof the spoiler works and there's no blue smoke) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0evRZCnE&feature=plcp

Edited by Kevin Bacon