monVR6

What's it worth??

Hi all

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. The for sale forum would seem to be best but I am really just trying to get an idea on price.

Thinking of selling my 95 VR6 in Aqua Blue. I've had it for 10 years since 67K - it now has 102K miles on it. Chains, top end rebuild, 263 Schimmel cams, lightened flywheel and a remap have all been done on the car - so the engine is super smooth. It also has had recent new brakes, and recent new tyres.

Over time it has had a polished throttle body fitted, a K&N panel filter, Koni top adjustable shocks with H&R springs and Eibach anti-roll bars - plus the more common headlamp loom and wipers upgrade, clear side repeaters and is fittled with solitude alloys.

Perhaps the best bit is the cream electrically adjustable and heated leather recaros which sit perfectly with the blue bodywork.

Electrics all work although the sunroof can be temparamental, spoiler works as should, remote locking no longer used.

Bodywork - the car is solid and looks good but some of the lacquer is lifting in isolated places - aside from that looks presentable and drives beautifully.

Considering the spec - (full leather electric interior which I understand is sought after and valuable) - anyone have an idea of value for the car? Of course I appreciate it is difficult to state without seeing the car, but a guideline as a start point would be useful.

Pictures are here: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?56679-Martin-s-Corrado-(finally-adding-pics-after-10-years-ownership)-Lazy -!!

Thanks everyone in advance.

Martin

hmm.. for me id say it all depends on the paint, what exactly is wrong with it and what money is needed to sort it.

lifting laquer on a wing is not a problem at all being a removable panel, lifting laquer around the windscreen is a massive job and could be hiding rust.

based on the car having good history, some tax and a decent mot i'd say anything from just under 2k if tricky paint fixes to 3k+ if easily sorted.

initially though, the first question i'd be asking is what do YOU think its worth?

Thanks Bristolbaron.

So - I would say the paint isn't bad and is not hiding rust. Considering the spec/interior and recent engine work I was thinking it would be up to £3.5K perhaps?

Beige leather Recaro's will help you get towards 3.5k I'm sure! I'd say it's probably worth that on a good day.

Mine fetched £4.5K with very good bodywork, an R32 conversion & KW V3s etc etc.

I can't really see any standard / mildly tweaked VR6 with less than perfect bodywork getting over £3K these days. It's the one thing people focus on the most with old cars because the panels are hard to get.

Beige leather Recaro's will help you get towards 3.5k I'm sure! I'd say it's probably worth that on a good day.

it`d have to be a very good day at the moment, monzablue`s on here only fetched 2600 and that was a great spec`d car..

advertise it at the price you want and see how it goes,only you know what its worth to you...

it`d have to be a very good day at the moment, monzablue`s on here only fetched 2600 and that was a great spec`d car..

advertise it at the price you want and see how it goes,only you know what its worth to you...

Was that your old rado fella? If so that's ridiculous!

I'd put it up at £3.5k and stick to your guns. The only way prices will rise is if people stop selling up for peanuts...

Mark

Fair point but that'll only work if everyone does it...