corrado_sunderland

Doom 3 bfg editon-Looks pretty awsome

Just saw this has came out and supports 3d tvs aswell,I think im gunna be craping my pants the next few weeks then in my flat alone,looking like a twat in 3d glasses :lol:

Look class like and i always loved doom,does anyone know exactly what ya get with it?

It's a remastered version of Doom 3 and the add on, plus the original Doom 1 & 2 I believe!! Well worth the buy, I personally loved Doom 3 and properly crapped myself playing it in the dark - think it was one of the 1st games to use your environment around you to scare you ****less ie. things falling off walls, lights flickering etc!!

What I will say is if and when you play it, ensure you collect all the PDA's and listen/read them, it completely adds to the the nightmarish storyline as u get deeper into Hell!!

I remember when it's dark you can't hold both the torch and a gun, or have a gun with a torch (bizarrely - guess it's purposely done to add **** in your pants!!) and it takes a second or 2 to switch back to the gun - enjoy that haaha!!! :)

Have to admit I always found Doom III a bit too nerve wracking to play for any amount of time! :)

think it was one of the 1st games to use your environment around you to scare you ****less ie. things falling off walls, lights flickering etc!!

Pffft! That happened in the original Doom!

Pffft! That happened in the original Doom!

Not quite in the same manner mate lol, I didn't poo my pants at the original Dooms!

This looks good! Never played Doom 3...

Loved Doom, Doom 2, Quake, Quake 2 etc. Think my all time fav has to be Quake + the add on packs. Amazing deathmatch etc! Quad Damage FTW!

Ohh the sound when the doors open , and you go oo **** , i remember playing it as a kid and thinking na **** that ill put a car game on haha

It was always deathmatch that made the ID games so special. Doom II will forever be inexorably linked with secondary school where a bunch of us would meet up at lunch times in one of the classrooms and play it over the LAN. Problem was it used to flood the network and make it run slow for everyone and the IT tech knew it was us... as soon as he got complaints about slow networking you'd see him come running out of his office across the school yard and start heading up the stairs to where we were playing, to try and catch us out.. by which time of course we'd rebooted back into Windows ;)

And then at college it was Quake... used to play that online with friends too and not just over the LAN. I can't imagine how many hours I lost to that game! The difference was that the tecchies there used to be into Quake and would join our games from time to time... :)

Ive had a ponder and ive decided ill wait a few weeks and complete crapident evil first :lol: For me my younger pc gaming consisted of half life and rainbow 6 rouge spear online.

I had a clan with my friend and i can remember my parents going off it because i ran up huge bills on the freeserve 1p a minute internet :rofl:

Ahh the good old days,that was when faceparty was about and girls were just complete whores on it too, tits out on webcam :lol:

Completed res so i got it today and its class,sadly the 3d isnt too good and hurts your eyes :lol: but im going to play them from 1 to 3 so started on one now :) ive died a few times already so i beginning to think i suck :lol:

Doom 3 gave me the proper heebie geebys, ended up selling it to get it out the house - I'm a grown man ffs!

Halo is about as freaky as I go nowadays!

Nice story Jim! :lol:

Playing Quake deathmatch and you hear that quad damage noise just around the corner... RUN! Loved the nail gun. Lightning gun was prob my fav though. The one I couldn't master was the railgun. So deadly, but really difficult to use really well. One of my mates was awesome with it- he could use it when he was jumping, falling etc. Used to drive me mad! Instant death!

Im totally stuck and need help,i cant find the pda to get into alfa labs.Ive been everywhere twice and cant see it and i have the william banks one so which other one do i need :shrug: been round and round and no luck :lol:

Its the one that you need to open the door near the marine who dies on the right of the door

:lol: glad i wasnt the only one who found it unnerving lol. Walking round with just a flash light expecting something to jump out at any moment. Awesome game and only game ive felt like that with.

,res 6 is ****e

Is it? Gutted. I was looking forward to that. RE5 got bad reviews but I actually quite liked that, and RE4. But the RE1 and 2 were the best. They should remake them with newer and faster graphics.

Jim, try getting Quake to run at 1600x1200 on OS/2 Warp :lol:

Is it? Gutted. I was looking forward to that. RE5 got bad reviews but I actually quite liked that, and RE4. But the RE1 and 2 were the best. They should remake them with newer and faster graphics.

Jim, try getting Quake to run at 1600x1200 on OS/2 Warp :lol:

Its as poo as poo gets,its like a game from 96 with slightly better graffix.....muchos awful :lol: i played a bit quake live a while back on my laptop and its alright, i like unreal tournament too