daniboy1_2_3

Coilpacks

Hi there, it looks like im going to have to replace the coilpack on my vr6, what are my options? I dont really want to pay over £250 for a VW one if i can help it and ive heard the beru ones may not be great quality, how have people found them?. Ive heard of people using coilpacks from fords, saabs, vauxhalls etc, how have people got on with these and what would you recommend? Thanks.

I got one from TPS last year and was only about £160 I think. Top of my head says that it's make by Beru tho...

I used this bosch coilpack inside the VW amplifier housing - http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/pdf/components/ignition_coils/3x2.pdf

The bolt spacing is the same as the VW coils but the ally amplifier housing needs a slight bit of trimming and obviously the 4 output connections from the amplifier need modifying to fit the different coils.

I got one from GSF a couple of years ago for about £60.I know the quality could be questionable but its been fine.Not done too many miles though,maybe 5,000

Doesn't matter now,just read your last reply !

Edited by Harrier

I've been using a Beru one for 4yrs and 50,000miles, had no issues at all, also using Beru leads.

I'm quite anal too about using VW stuff, but took the chance with the Beru stuff