KIPVW

Only one headlight. Any ideas?

Only have one working headlight at the moment so tried a new bulb and still no joy, so thought i'd try a spare headlight to check the unit was ok but it was still not working so am guessing it could be a wiring issue.

Any ideas anyone before i start delving in lol!

Uprated headlight loom?

That was my first thought too. I seem to recall only one light works if it doesn't have power or one of the connectionts isn't seated right?

Get a voltmeter on it. I'd say either it's a fuse or the switch. Occasionally only one of mine comes on but if i push the headlight switch a bit harder both of them do!

No loom on it chaps although i have a DG one to fit at some point. Switch Hmmm may look into that one first then as it wouldn't surprise me with the age of it.

Would a dodgy swith allow the other to come on though?

You could always try a liberal spray of WD40 on the switch. That sorted out my dash illumination not coming on.

Try the fuses, I think they are individually fused, or try a different relay as they can stick sometimes.

Found on mine the power wiring was faulty to the offside unit, so just put in a link to the power line on the nearside light as a temp measure until I fitted an updated loom, which has no need for the power line on the offside original wiring...

Tried a brand new switch and liberal WD40 but still same, thinking more like a wiring issue so will look around the loom to see oif it's damaged anywhere, Bugger! Last thing i wanted to be faffing about with on my day off tomorrow, ride first though hopefully :)

Hi KIP,

I recently helped a guy out who got a loom off me. He had no voltage on the nearside light (fuse was good and so was the earth) and we fixed it by taking the power off the offside for his loom, you know the one he bought off me,lol. Any way you should be able to get round that way.

Hi chaps,

Well thought I'd try easiest options first so checked the fuses and replaced the headlight ones anyway then wd'd the connector block and with a good bit of wiggling it came back on sd of guess the contacts were slightly oxidised.

All good for now.

Thanks all ;-)