Sign in to follow this  
edd

LC6V Classic Pearl VR6 for £1300 (OFFERS) in Malvern, Worcs (Stealth Engine rebuild)

Genuinely suprised this has not been snapped up hell of a car for the cash, will post up some more pics tomorrow now all valeted and polished....

VR6 | LC6V Classic Pearl Effect - bargain | Malvern, Worcestershire (stealth rebuild 2005)

Price: £1300

Description:

Description:

1992 Corrado VR6 – K652 EUC – 192800 miles - £1300 offers welcome

(Stealth Racing Engine full engine rebuild in my ownership, top end, bottom end, pistons the lot at 117000 miles over £4k in all)

12 Months MOT

5 months tax

Classic Pearl Green LC6V

NOTE: Car now sat on speedlines and original rear lights (not all reds)

Car was MOT'd a few weeks ago so 12 months. Few small advisories, tyres and dampers, tyres resolved, have ignored "reduced damping effect" comments though they

are Koni TA's and they are set fairly hard!!!

This was my second Corrado, I purchased this car in nov 2004 the approximate mileage then was 98000 so have owned this car for 8 years

and it was a daily for approx 6 of them.

I have had (and still have) a number of other motors during this time but didn't ever want to be Corrado-less (and still don't). I'm currently after a

lowish miles Corrado 6-pot of some sorts that is in very very good condition, to swoon over, polish, use as a weekend toy and keep locked

away over the winter. This one has to go to fund that dream....

Currently on a classic car policy with 1500 limited mileage all mods declared - was about £180 fully comp (im 31)

The Car

This VR6 was purchased new by a MR B Thanki on the 02/10/1992 for £18767 it has since had 6 owners including myself, the cr is HPI clear

In 2005 at 117000 miles I had issues with smoking on overrun and an occasional misfire which was attributed to oiling up of plugs 1&6 and the

age old VR problem of scored bores

2005 was therefore destined to be an expensive year for me – Off to Stealth racing I went

The engine was fully rebuilt from the ground up by Vince and work included the block being rebored to accept the Mahle 82.5mm over bore

pistons (not cheap £££) which make the engine a true 2900cc and work also included the later mk4 chain upgrades, this limits the risk

associated with use related chain guide wear on the standard engine.

Once compete and having spent a month or so doing the obligatory run in mileage (seem to remember this being torturous) it was rolling roaded

by Stealth at 198.9BHP impressive given that the engine was still pretty tight at this stage.

The overall Stealth bill was £4000 and included for 4 wheel laser alignments etc. All bills are in my name and ownership

This was 6 years ago, the odometer is now on 193000 miles (75000 on new engine) and running well, had a brief issue with oil in coolant but a

new oil cooler quickly resolved.

It has had regular servicing, coolant, brakes, and oil changes undertaken by myself (between 5k and 10k mile periods) in addition to any

periodic work required by MOT (rearbushes, CV joints etc etc)

I had it VAG.com scanned recently when the oil cooler needed replacing and it only showed up a blue temp sensor which i will replace this

weekend. (EDIT: now changed - and seemingly much smoother on startup!!)

Other upgrades include

• Lowered 45mm Koni Top Adjustable and H&R vr6 springs all round, with front lowering caps, very nice height and stance

• Magnex cat back exhaust

• Later VR6 cloth interior - black with blue fleck- this is in very good condition with minimal bolster sag (change was due to personal

preference over the earlier VR6 interior (dark grey)

Good points

• Rebuilt Stealth racing Engine 2005

• Late cloth interior – good condition no bolster sagging)

• Still sporting 15” wheels (good handling)

• Sunroof works

• Heater works on all speeds

• Heater direction dial works for two positions (windscreen/legs) but not all (stiff bowden cables - pain in the arse to replace)

• Heater matrix has been replaced

• MFA function all working

• ABS working as it should (no disconnected bulbs!!!!)

• Upgraded head light loom

• Lupo wipers

• Rear wiper removed to clean up back end – I have this somewhere so can be re-instated

• Magnex cat back stainless exhaust

• MOT

• Tax

• Rear bushes replaced

• New engine mounts (powerflex solid ones!!?? I can’t remember the name)

• New CV joints and hub bearings

• Tyres have good tread - cuurently sat on Speedlines

• Huge and organised folder of service history and bills, all MOTS etc

• HPI clear

• Full closure alarm – all working

• Head unit (sony I think)

• Original first aid kit (unopened) and warning triangle

• Recent new front suspension top mounts

The no so good points

• Paint is 20 years old and has not been re-sprayed so don’t expect it to be immaculate

• Slight dent on n/s rear wheel arch lip

• Rust section on o/s front wing (spare wing included in sale).

• small patch of paint with a slight colour missmatch due to a small area of rust bubble treated previously,

• Bonnet stone chips - as expected

• Bumper has some "old croney car park scars”. In the last year the car has frustratingly been subjected to 3 slight paint scrapes on the

bumper corners by unidentified drivers in supermarket car parks – I was waiting to have the bumpers resprayed alongside a new n/s wing but

now its up for sale I won’t

• Very slight dent in bonnet – only noticeable in some lights I bought a bonnet off Walesy after I bought the car years ago but I never

noticed it enough to follow through with it

• Slight drip from top of the windscreen rubber in very heavy rain

• Slightly Cracked spot light

The car in not immaculate and is unlikely to ever be to the standard i am now looking for, hence my reason to exchange for another one,

however for the price it still looks good, goes like stink if you wan't it too, uses no oil, and always put a smile on my face.....

I have been on the forum a long time and looking through my post will give some idea of the cars history in my ownership, though please be

aware I have had other Corrado's and recently bought another VR6 from a stranger who approached me knowing I was into Corrado's and didn’t

want to sell her “baby” to just anyone.

Any recent posts are likely to be in relation to work required on the latter mentioned car, this is also available for sale, though now needs some

lights, a new bonnet cable, some new engine mount crossmember bolts and an MOT (my cousin nicked the bumper and light bitsfor his

Corrado vr6) - 92 black VR6 192000 mile but chains were done in the last 10k miles, SORN, no MOT needs some work good track car

potential??? £400)

1_1256_1351365947_

2_1256_1351365947_

Edited by edd
more photos, now changed blue temp sensor