1001cooper

vr6 electrical problem

Hi there,ive got an electrical problem with my vr6.I bought it about a year and a half ago and only got to drive it the 20 miles back to my unit where it was parked up for a month or so while i relocated my business to a bigger unit on the estate.When i did eventually try to move it the battery was flat!here is where it all starts to go wrong,stupidly i tried jump starting it with my forklift,i know what an IDIOT.Anyhow its now a none starter and has been at a couple of garages that have both given up on it!so far its had a fusebox and ecu (kindly supplied by toedef)very helpful guy indeed.The transponder reader was also supplied to match the ecu.Two experienced auto electricians have both worked on the car and still no joy.The last garage has said i should give up now and sell it as is or break it.The car is a n reg 1 owner car that i think is to good to break.I thought i would just asked on here to see if anyone has any suggestions,fingers crossed and thanks for reading this post.

Are you sure its an electrical problem and not perhaps fuel related, Is fuel getting to the rail/injectors when it cranks over? Is there any type of alarm installed that may be faulty?

Rob.

Is power getting to the fuel pump? Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the ignition on? I would remove the immobiliser if possible and eliminate possible causes from there. Is it an aftermarket immobiliser?

I would also try swapping fuse 18 (20 amp-fuel pump) and double check the other fuses also, then try swapping the fuel pump relay(No.167) and ECU relay(No.30, or possibly No.32 if its the newer type). I know you have changed the fuseboard but were the relays the old ones?

I would put the old ECU back on and use the original transponder as the ECU would appear to not be at fault.

I know you said that an auto electrician has already looked at it, but just to cover all the bases (as well as other questions about the fuel pump), is there power to the coil?

When my after market immobilizer packed up, no power to the coils and no prime from the fuel pump were the symptoms.