Butterfly

4 stud 15inch wheels for winter use .... on my 8v

As the title. I'm after a set of wheels to run in the winter on my 8v so obviously I'm not too concerned about condition so long as they are sound.

I would also not want to travel too far (from S Yorks) to collect them and I don't want to pay too much.

So, does anyone local have a set knocking about that they would be happy to be rid of?

Thanks

I put some 'old' 205's on it earlier as I needed 'new' tyres and there was tread on the 205's I didn't need for the VR. But there is no way that car will get me up icy hills round here with 205's on and having smartened up the paintwork I don't want to chance it.

So winter wheels/tyres sounds quite sensible to me :)

Cheers Chris.

I'm not sure about them being 14's.. and almost new tyres I recon you would be wanting reasonable money for the rubber though I was going to get winter tyres.. or are you saying these are a winter tyres in which case what brand etc.

And lastly, Essex will be too far to travel and a courier will up the price somewhat.

I like the style though!

If you have the original size brakes you can get a golf 13" steel wheel to fit,with the "balloon" tyres they ride at the same height as your 15" wheels !

I haven't got any,just an anorak spreading my inane knowledge ! lol

My mates up your way and has a set of freshly recieved sebrings he wants rid of.

Ill ask if he still has em. Wants very little for them too.

If you get stuck and are not bothered about shame and embarrassment i have some 15" 3 spoke alloys on my breaker (see thread for pics) that possibly will be coming off hopefully in the next month. Tread is ok but the wall on one or two of them is slightly cracking.

location 5mins north of Halifax/Bradford.

Andy.

Hi, just spoke to my friend and unfortunately he got desperate for the cash and sold the sebrings.

Really sorry about that.

Thanks anyway Abdul.

Andy, I've looked up your thread and seen the wheels.... Niiiiiice ;)

I'm not bothered about the tyres as I would be putting on new winter tread ones. 3 spoke = less to clean through the winter!!

But currently the flippin car wont start so I don't need winter tyres..... hopefully being fixed tomorrow and then I'll see what I have left after that bill.

Seen the £10,000.01 ono price but what would you really be thinking of??

Edited by Butterfly

What about the nice set of multi spoke ones I picked up from you a while back? there still in the boxes I picked them up in :)

ha ha.. now there's an idea. But a courier will be a bit and I'm hoping Andy will come down from £10k to make his worth while