ray_vr6

Relay 99 Fitted

After 5 years of ownership I finally got around to fitting a number 99 relay to allow "programmable" intermittent wiper washing - about the best £10 and easier modification I have carried out!

The early ones had a fixed time between the sweep but later ones had the relay that allowed you to change the sweep intervals by moving the wiper stalk down (intermittent sweep position) and then back up to the off position and what ever period had elapsed between those two actions would then determine the sweep timing eg 2 seconds, 4 seconds etc.

This seems to be one of the best kept Corrado secrets. Along with how to control the fricking rear wiper :)

This seems to be one of the best kept Corrado secrets. Along with how to control the fricking rear wiper :)

How do you control the bloody rear wiper, the things a pain in the ass haha!!

How do you control the bloody rear wiper, the things a pain in the ass haha!!

It's one thing I've never managed to work out if I'm honest! The only way I've found to successfully stop it wiping once it gets going is to press the stalk in again when it's mid way through a wipe.

My VR6 has a de-wipered rear though to that's a problem I don't have to worry about now :)

You push the stalk away once to get it moving and hold for windscreen wash, then push it away again once to stop......don't you?! Got me questioning myself now..!

push forwards for on,forward again for off,simples.

tbh i only use mine if its been sat still in the rain so just push forward twice for one sweep,lol.

You push the stalk away once to get it moving and hold for windscreen wash, then push it away again once to stop......don't you?! Got me questioning myself now..!

Thats the ticket!

Well would you believe it!!

After all these years of Corrado ownership & only now i learn you can turn the god damn rear wiper OFF!!! PMSL

Thank you forum members! I might actually use it now ;)